Due to the increasing concerns over diminishing fossil reserves and the harmful environmental impact of traditional fuels, the global demand for biogas has experienced a spike in demand.
The global biogas market revenues totalled nearly US$ 24.5 Bn in 2015. During the forecast period 2016-2026, global biogas revenues will reach US$ 48, 761.2 million, growing at a steady 6.5% CAGR. Between 2016 and 2026, the global biogas revenues will double, with Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Latin America among key regions fuelling demand.
The APAC biogas market will grow relatively fast at an impressive 9.2% CAGR, while Latin America will account for over 50% of the global biogas revenues.
In North America, adoption of biogas plants will drop considerably, owing to rising preference for solar power in the US. By 2026-end, North America’s biogas plant will be valued over US$ 9.6 billion, while nearly 20,000 kilotons of volume will be sold in Western Europe. On the other hand, regions such as Middle East & Africa (MEA) and Eastern Europe will exhibit a comparatively nascent growth in terms of biogas revenues, through 2026.
Global Biogas Market: Research Highlights
• Government initiatives will be a strong growth drivers for the global biogas market, and rampant enactment of stringent environmental laws, which curb GHG emissions will actively promote use of biogas across end-use industries.
• In terms of sourcing materials for production of biogas, the global agricultural sector will be a major attributor for global revenues over the following decade.
• By 2026, over US$ 22 billion global revenues will account by biogas sourced from agricultural waste, which will be nearly over US$ 3 billion biogas emanating from municipal sources.
• Electricity applications will continue to dominate the global biogas revenues in the upcoming years.
• Variety of feedstock materials and their global availability favours adoption of biogas systems in residential sectors globally.
• Additionally, increasing expenditure on waste management is directing surplus incentives for development of advanced & high-capacity biogas systems.
• Although, feasibility of using biogas as energy resource remains quite limited as large scale heating processes in heavy industries require high power output and low processing time, which cannot be availed through biogas plants.
Global Biogas Market: Competitive Backdrop
Targeting production of biogas on a large and commercial scale is a major challenge for biogas companies. Air Liquide, Schmack Biogas GmbH and Wartsila feature among established players. On the other hand, EnviTech Biogas AG and Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB are extending their market presence through strategic expansions, joint ventures and partnerships. Other prominent biogas manufacturers include, Asia Biogas, Greenlane Biogas, S.P. Renewable Energy Source Pvy. Ltd., Swedish Biogas International AB, Agrinz Technologies GmbH and PlanET Biogas Global GmbH.
For more information, please visit http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/press-release/biogas-market
Like our Facebook Page
The Pros and Cons of Fixed Prices for Sustainable Energy
How to Plan an Unforgettable Eco-Friendly Trip to Europe
Is Decarbonizing The Shipping Industry an Achievable Goal?
Designing Eco-Systems Sustainable Exhibits: Strategies for Reducing Environmental Impact
Green Living, Education and Awareness Are Keys to Preventing Mesothelioma
Canada Can Take New Steps to Make Healthcare Greener
Roy Bartholomew Shares Basics of Ecosystem Engineering
Understanding the Evolving Science of Environmental Health
Is Eco-Friendly Composite Decking Really Good for the Planet?
Eco-Friendly Composting Tips that All Gardeneners Should Follow
6 Home Improvements You Can Make to Help the Environment
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Eco-Friendly Party Favors Made for the Garden
One of the Most Unique Eco-Friendly Travel Tips: Try Rollerblading
Humane Pigeons Pest Control Tips Environmentalists Can Follow
Environmental Impact of Artificial Grass for Your Lawn
Choosing The Best Eco-Friendly Furniture Set for your Living Room
Planning an Eco-Friendly Bus Trip to Singapore with Friends
How to Travel More Sustainably While Saving Money
The Truth About The Environmental Impact of Dogs
6 Major Luxury Residential Projects Responding to Climate Change
- Energy10 months ago
How To Choose the Right Solar Inverter for Your Home?
- Energy11 months ago
How to Choose the Best Solar Panel for Your Home
- Environment11 months ago
Reduce Industry Footprints with Sustainable Material Swaps
- Environment10 months ago
Is Smart Building Technology the Future of Sustainability?