Due to the increasing concerns over diminishing fossil reserves and the harmful environmental impact of traditional fuels, the global demand for biogas has experienced a spike in demand.
The global biogas market revenues totalled nearly US$ 24.5 Bn in 2015. During the forecast period 2016-2026, global biogas revenues will reach US$ 48, 761.2 million, growing at a steady 6.5% CAGR. Between 2016 and 2026, the global biogas revenues will double, with Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Latin America among key regions fuelling demand.
The APAC biogas market will grow relatively fast at an impressive 9.2% CAGR, while Latin America will account for over 50% of the global biogas revenues.
In North America, adoption of biogas plants will drop considerably, owing to rising preference for solar power in the US. By 2026-end, North America’s biogas plant will be valued over US$ 9.6 billion, while nearly 20,000 kilotons of volume will be sold in Western Europe. On the other hand, regions such as Middle East & Africa (MEA) and Eastern Europe will exhibit a comparatively nascent growth in terms of biogas revenues, through 2026.
Global Biogas Market: Research Highlights
• Government initiatives will be a strong growth drivers for the global biogas market, and rampant enactment of stringent environmental laws, which curb GHG emissions will actively promote use of biogas across end-use industries.
• In terms of sourcing materials for production of biogas, the global agricultural sector will be a major attributor for global revenues over the following decade.
• By 2026, over US$ 22 billion global revenues will account by biogas sourced from agricultural waste, which will be nearly over US$ 3 billion biogas emanating from municipal sources.
• Electricity applications will continue to dominate the global biogas revenues in the upcoming years.
• Variety of feedstock materials and their global availability favours adoption of biogas systems in residential sectors globally.
• Additionally, increasing expenditure on waste management is directing surplus incentives for development of advanced & high-capacity biogas systems.
• Although, feasibility of using biogas as energy resource remains quite limited as large scale heating processes in heavy industries require high power output and low processing time, which cannot be availed through biogas plants.
Global Biogas Market: Competitive Backdrop
Targeting production of biogas on a large and commercial scale is a major challenge for biogas companies. Air Liquide, Schmack Biogas GmbH and Wartsila feature among established players. On the other hand, EnviTech Biogas AG and Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB are extending their market presence through strategic expansions, joint ventures and partnerships. Other prominent biogas manufacturers include, Asia Biogas, Greenlane Biogas, S.P. Renewable Energy Source Pvy. Ltd., Swedish Biogas International AB, Agrinz Technologies GmbH and PlanET Biogas Global GmbH.
For more information, please visit http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/press-release/biogas-market
Like our Facebook Page
Investing in a Sustainable Environmental Future for Northern Virginia
Prominent Trends in Seafood Sustainability in 2022
Can PEMF Help To Improve Plant Growth for Eco-Friendly Gardeners
How the U.S. Government is Promoting Green Energy in the Country
12 Essential Things for Buying Your First Home
Harnessing Sustainability with User-Centric Technology Innovation
Making Your Dream of Having an Eco-Friendly Garden Come True
Tips for Optimal Waste Management in Your Home
The Agricultural Benefits of Weather Stations for Eco-Friendly Farmers
What Makes Online Furniture Eco-Friendly?
7 Eco-Friendly Plant-Based Alternatives for Everyday Products
Top 5 Benefits of Eco-Friendly Cars
Why Eco-Friendly Homes Should Have Outdoor Bathrooms
Merits of Sustainability Reporting: What Every Manager Must Know
Low Emission and Clean Air Zones: What You Need To Know
4 Ways To Build A Sustainable Home
CEO Brian Ladin Explains How The Shipping Industry Is Going Green
A Guide to Eco-Friendly Landscaping
Why Transitioning Your Company to an EV Fleet Makes Sense?
6 Practices for Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Plant Operations
- Features11 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features11 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire an Eco-Friendly Contractor