The latest estimate by Vigeo Eiris of the size of ethical and green funds across Europe indicates that UK retail investors entrusted more than £15bn to these funds in 2016.
This figure is broadly similar to the £15bn figure EIRIS published for the UK alone in 2015. The estimate is based on research from the 17th edition of the study ‘Green, Social and Ethical Funds in Europe’ conducted by Vigeo Eiris in partnership with Morningstar and covering the period June 2015 – 2016.
Good Money Week is taking place in the UK from 30 October – 5 November and aims to raise awareness of sustainable and responsible finance.
The Vigeo Eiris report’s key findings for the European RI retail market are:
• The figures confirmed the UK’s place as one of the big four markets for green and ethical funds across Europe with France, UK, Switzerland and The Netherlands making up 68% in total.
• The total asset under management continued to grow (+16%) and reached €158 bn for Europe.
• At the end of June 2016, there were 5% fewer green, social and ethical funds domiciled in Europe compared to June 2015. The study previously found a 26% increase in number of RI retail funds in 2015 compared to 2014, but it appears that 2016 has been a year of consolidation.
• In aggregate, RI funds represented 2% of the overall European retail funds market, a higher percentage than in 2015 (1.7%).
• Equity funds (46% of the total) still outweigh fixed income funds (30%) and balanced funds (23%).
Commenting on the findings, Stephen Hine, Managing Director of Vigeo Eiris London said:
“This research shows that retail green and ethical investment remains strong in the UK and the report places that in the wider context of growing interest across Europe. The combined expertise and significantly larger footprint of Vigeo Eiris means that we are well placed to support retail investors across Europe through our partnerships with asset managers and advisers as they develop the products and services that growing numbers of retail investors are looking for.”
Like our Facebook Page
How Can Technology Help You To Lead A Sustainable Lifestyle?
4 Factors That Can Save The Environment Along With Going Paperless
How Peer to Peer Works On Eco-Friendly Trading Platforms
5 Questions Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Need To Ask Unhappy Employees
Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment (Examples and Laws)
7 Best Investments to Make for an Eco-Friendly Business
4 Tips For Choosing An Eco-Friendly Home Backup Power Source
10 Things To Consider When Choosing A Home Solar Company
5 Sustainable Ways Of Disposing Building And Demolition Waste
Why 2022 Is Your Last Chance to Get a 26% Return on Your Solar Kit
Low Emission and Clean Air Zones: What You Need To Know
A Guide to Eco-Friendly Landscaping
Zero Waste Living and Its Importance
12 Essential Things for Buying Your First Home
How the U.S. Government is Promoting Green Energy in the Country
Harnessing Sustainability with User-Centric Technology Innovation
Tips for Optimal Waste Management in Your Home
Is It Possible to Work in Tech Without Harming the Planet?
Making Your Dream of Having an Eco-Friendly Garden Come True
Hypermiling: The 3 Ways To Drive Your Car For Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- Features11 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features11 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire an Eco-Friendly Contractor