The latest estimate by Vigeo Eiris of the size of ethical and green funds across Europe indicates that UK retail investors entrusted more than £15bn to these funds in 2016.
This figure is broadly similar to the £15bn figure EIRIS published for the UK alone in 2015. The estimate is based on research from the 17th edition of the study ‘Green, Social and Ethical Funds in Europe’ conducted by Vigeo Eiris in partnership with Morningstar and covering the period June 2015 – 2016.
Good Money Week is taking place in the UK from 30 October – 5 November and aims to raise awareness of sustainable and responsible finance.
The Vigeo Eiris report’s key findings for the European RI retail market are:
• The figures confirmed the UK’s place as one of the big four markets for green and ethical funds across Europe with France, UK, Switzerland and The Netherlands making up 68% in total.
• The total asset under management continued to grow (+16%) and reached €158 bn for Europe.
• At the end of June 2016, there were 5% fewer green, social and ethical funds domiciled in Europe compared to June 2015. The study previously found a 26% increase in number of RI retail funds in 2015 compared to 2014, but it appears that 2016 has been a year of consolidation.
• In aggregate, RI funds represented 2% of the overall European retail funds market, a higher percentage than in 2015 (1.7%).
• Equity funds (46% of the total) still outweigh fixed income funds (30%) and balanced funds (23%).
Commenting on the findings, Stephen Hine, Managing Director of Vigeo Eiris London said:
“This research shows that retail green and ethical investment remains strong in the UK and the report places that in the wider context of growing interest across Europe. The combined expertise and significantly larger footprint of Vigeo Eiris means that we are well placed to support retail investors across Europe through our partnerships with asset managers and advisers as they develop the products and services that growing numbers of retail investors are looking for.”
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home