Broken First Past the Post means UKIP secures 3.8 million votes and gets one seat. The Lib Dems secure 2.4 million votes and get eight seats. The SNP secure 1.5 million votes and get 50 seats. Fewer votes means more seats.
We have a majority Conservative government with 51% of the seats, commanding 37% of the vote and only 24% of the electorate.
Photo: Martin Bamford via Flickr
- Baby Boomers Had 4 Million Vote Ballot Box Advantage Over Millennials At Last Election
- #GE2015: Will Conservatives now drop the ‘green c**p’?
- #GE2015: Greens retain seat but criticise voting system
- Blue & Green Daily: Friday 8 May headlines
- #GE2015: Lib Dem Energy and Climate Change Secretary loses seat