Heart attacks are serious problems. Around 610,000 people in the United States die of heart attacks every year. Fortunately, there are ways to reduce these risks. Did you know that green living could be the key to lowering the risk of heart disease?
Green Living Mitigates the Risk of Heart Disease
Earlier this month, The American Heart Association published an article summarizing the findings of a study showing that living in green, leafy areas can reduce the risks of heart disease.
“Green space encourages physical activity and cuts air pollution,” lead author of the study said. “Some studies suggest even viewing nature and greenness can be beneficial.”
This is just one of many studies showing the benefits of green living. Green living is great for our health in many ways.
Can You Practice Green Living and Still Take Medication?
You should never avoid taking potentially life saving medication. Your health needs to come first. But is a green lifestyle compatible with it?
Yes. You can absolutely take medications and still pride yourself on living a green lifestyle. Some medications are actually designed with the environment in mind. A study from Trevor Thompson titled: “Sustainable medicine: good for the environment, good for people” talks about this in detail.
In the case of heart disease, there are plenty of green medications that can be necessary. Heart attacks and strokes are caused by blockages in blood vessel, which prevent the heart from pumping blood properly to different parts of the body. LDL or low-density lipoprotein cholesterol build up in the arteries is one of the major causes of heart attacks in people. Fortunately, there are many medications that can help in the prevention of heart attacks.
That being said, here are some of the top green medications that can be used to treat and prevent heart attacks and strokes.
Ten green medications to prevent and treat heart attacks are as follows:
- Evion lc: doctors normally prescribe Evion lc dosage to those who have health issues which are related to metabolism. This medicine is a derivative of an amino acid that controls the amount of levocarnitine in the body. This makes it ideal for treatment of heart attacks and other conditions like chest pains, high blood pressure and also cartinine deficiency as it helps reduce the rate of metabolism and heart rate which intern lowers blood pressure.
- Aspirin: normally used to treat headaches and migraines but at times of emergencies, aspirins can also be used to treat heart attacks. Aspirin reduces the clotting ability of blood thereby making it easy for blood to flow throw narrow and clogged arteries which are the prime cause for heart attacks.
- Nitroglycerin: this particular medication is used to dilate the arteries and widen the space for the blood to flow more easily which makes it one of the best medications for treating heart attacks.
- ACE inhibitors: like nitroglycerin, ACE inhibitors widen the arteries leading to the heart now lowering the pressure at which the blood flows. This makes it easier for the heart to pump blood and help in preventing sudden heart attacks.
- Lovastatin: Lovastatin is a medicinal drug that is prescribed mainly to patients who have high amounts of LDL cholesterol in their blood. LDL cholesterol is the main reason for which there is a blockage in the arteries which leads to heart attacks. Using Lovostatin helps reduce LDL cholesterol levels and thus help cure and prevent heart attacks.
- Beta blockers: beta blockers help prevent heart attacks by effectively reducing the heart rate and blood pressure. Reducing the heart rate causes the blood pressure also to fall making it easier for the blood to flow through tight or blocked arteries. Beta blockers may have side effects like shortness of breath, cold hands, fatigue and weakness.
- Antiplatelets: unlike evion lc dosage, antiplatelets are medicines that prevent the blood from clotting. This type of medicine does not allow the clotting agents in the blood, i.e., platelets to clump together. This reduces the risk of blockages forming in the arteries which is the cause for strokes and heart attacks.
The use of antiplatelets can cause side effects like nausea and vomiting and can pose a risk of excessive bleeding if the patient is injured while under the influence of this medicine. In general, antiplatelets are prescribed by doctors along with aspirin therapy.
- Warfarin: warfarin or Coumadin is an anticoagulant medication. Similar to that of antiplatelets, warfarin helps prevent any clots from forming in the bloodstream. This, in turn, helps keep clots and other logs from reaching vital parts of the body and cause strokes and heart attacks.
- Morphine: another on hand medication that is ideal for preventing heart attacks if the application of morphine and other such pain relievers. Doctors may suggest the use of morphine to prevent heart attacks and strokes as, like evion lc dosages, morphine helps relax the muscle of the heart and help widen the arteries that allow better and smoother blood flow to the different organs of the body.
- Diuretics: diuretics or water pills help reduce the excess amounts of sodium and fluids from the bodily system. Reducing the amount of fluid, the runs through the blood vessels reduces the overall blood pressure making it easier for the heart to pump blood to and from different body parts.
Diuretics are often prescribed to treat high blood pressure in patient and are also actively used to prevent heart attacks. They are at times combined with the use of ACE inhibitors and beta blockers also.
It is important to note that before using or administering any medication, one must first consult a doctor and get the advice of a professional. Often people might have allergic reactions to medication which can be fatal when experiencing a heart attack. Consulting a doctor beforehand and accordingly keeping the appropriate medication on standby is the best course of action to prevent heart attacks efficiently. If a patient is having a heart attack, then getting the patient admitted to a hospital as soon as possible should be the topmost priority.
Take the Right Green Medications to Fight Heart Attacks
There are a lot of green medications on the market. Some of them are made to fight heart disease. You can try taking them while still following a green lifestyle.
Like our Facebook Page
How to Recycle Books: 7 Easy Steps
How to Raise Money for Your Non-Profit or Charity: 7 Steps to Take
Solar-Powered Solutions for Lowering City Infrastructure Carbon Footprint
How to Prioritize Sustainability When Studying Abroad
EHS Management is Making the Construction Industry Greener
Best Sustainable Practices in the Construction Industry in 2024
Comparing Renewable Energy: Solar Power, Wind, Hydro & Bio
Maximizing Home Efficiency: The Renewable Way
10 Easy Ways To Make Your Home More Eco-Friendly
Energy Management Mastery: 4 Tips for Green Property Owners
Insider Tips for an Eco-Friendly Dubai Vacation in 2024
Polythene Bags and Food Safety: Crucial Role in Food Packaging
5 Tips for Creating a Sustainable Living Space
Solo Eco-Tourism Misconceptions That Need To Be Debunked
Embracing Sustainability: 7 Tips for Eco-Friendly Shopping
Crypto Market Makers Are Becoming More Eco-Friendly
Eco-Friendly Benefits of Energy Efficient Mortgages
Experience Thailand at Sea Yacht Chartering as an Eco-Tourist
5 Reasons Eco-Tourists Should Plan a Barcelona Getaway
Ocean Stewardship: The New Frontier for Charitable Giving
- Features8 months ago
What is the Eco-Friendliest Option to Wash Your Dishes?
- Environment12 months ago
6 Home Improvements You Can Make to Help the Environment
- Editors Choice11 months ago
7 Tips to Minimize the Negative Impact Businesses Have on the Environment
- Environment12 months ago
The Truth About The Environmental Impact of Dogs