The more productive a business is, the better its chances of success. When typical business practices leave a company stagnant or produce little results, making necessary changes is pertinent. When business procedures are all over the place, it minimizes your ability to provide a good customer experience. As you can imagine, poor customer experience can lead to a decrease in revenue.
Taking a periodic assessment of your business practices and procedures allows you to get a clear understanding of where your weaknesses lie. When you can accurately pinpoint your weaknesses, you can begin to cultivate soundproof solutions that improve productivity, customer experience, and thus the success of your company. Below are a few areas that should be consistently streamlined:
First on the list of priorities is company finances. Proper financial management is essential to keeping business operations afloat. This is a lot more than creating a budget within a spreadsheet and reporting your income to the IRS annually. Proper financial management within your organization should include creating a budget, generating financial reports, conducting financial audits, accurately reporting tax information, and more. To streamline the process of managing your company finances, consider trying the following:
– Investing in Financial Software – Financial software should be a key tool that is implemented within your business financial structure. Such software acts as a guide in helping business owners to properly record, track, and assess their finances. When investing in financial software, be sure to review several types to determine which is best suited for your professional needs.
– Invoice Factoring – Another solution to streamlining company finances is to use accounts receivable factoring services. As you invoice clients, waiting on them to pay for services rendered can often be frustrating. When your funds are tied up, this can prevent you from running your business as you need to. Companies who offer invoice factoring on the other hand, take the waiting game out of the mix for you. They will give you an upfront sum of cash and wait to receive payment from your clients. If you don’t have enough personal cash revenue, this is an ideal way to streamline your finances.
– Outsource – Trying to generate reports, review pertinent information, and ensure cash flow is managed properly can be a lot of work for one person. Outsourcing your financial management needs can cut your time in half. Not to mention that financial experts are trained to watch out for common accounting mistakes and find you additional platforms for saving.
Marketing is another area of your business that needs to continually be streamlined. In order to continue to reach your target audience you need to be able to keep up with ongoing trends. As a lot of marketing now takes place online, learning new trends can also involve the process of learning new technological platforms. Though it is certainly feasible to learn on your own, it is time consuming and ever-changing.
– Email and Social Media – When it comes to reaching a large demographic, the best way to approach it is through email or social media platforms. These marketing tools allow you to easily promote products and services, introduce your brand, and provide consumers with discounts in real time. An email campaign or social media post would reach customers in a matter of seconds saving you time and money.
– Utilize Marketing Software – There are a plethora of online tools that can be used to streamline marketing process. Analytical tools allow you to measure and gauge which marketing efforts are working best, while social media tools allow you to cut your time in half by scheduling posts to multiple platforms at once. Such software allows you to accomplish things that would take days to tackle the old fashioned way.
With any small business there may come a need for staff. The hiring process alone can be tedious and costly. Investing in effective resources and tools can help you ensure that you’re hiring staff that will get the job done. Some areas you might consider investing in include:
– Prescreening – creating online tests and assessments for applicants can help you in weeding out unqualified candidates.
– Outsourcing – if you’ve really got your hands full, outsourcing is another effective way to streamline the hiring process. By working with recruitment agencies, you can find qualified candidates that you can hire on a full-time, part-time, or as-needed basis.
The more efficiently you can streamline business practices, the better it is for all involved parties. You as the business owner and your staff can take comfort in a lightened load, and your customers continue to get the best experience possible. Remember, streamlining processes as it pertains to your finances, marketing, and staffing efforts will require continual analysis and routine changes to remain relevant in this ever-changing world of business.
A Good Look At How Homes Will Become More Energy Efficient Soon
Everyone always talks about ways they can save energy at home, but the tactics are old school. They’re only tweaking the way they do things at the moment. Sealing holes in your home isn’t exactly the next scientific breakthrough we’ve been waiting for.
There is some good news because technology is progressing quickly. Some tactics might not be brand new, but they’re becoming more popular. Here are a few things you should expect to see in homes all around the country within a few years.
1. The Rise Of Smart Windows
When you look at a window right now it’s just a pane of glass. In the future they’ll be controlled by microprocessors and sensors. They’ll change depending on the specific weather conditions directly outside.
If the sun disappears the shade will automatically adjust to let in more light. The exact opposite will happen when it’s sunny. These energy efficient windows will save everyone a huge amount of money.
2. A Better Way To Cool Roofs
If you wanted to cool a roof down today you would coat it with a material full of specialized pigments. This would allow roofs to deflect the sun and they’d absorb less heat in the process too.
Soon we’ll see the same thing being done, but it will be four times more effective. Roofs will never get too hot again. Anyone with a large roof is going to see a sharp decrease in their energy bills.
3. Low-E Windows Taking Over
It’s a mystery why these aren’t already extremely popular, but things are starting to change. Read low-E window replacement reviews and you’ll see everyone loves them because they’re extremely effective.
They’ll keep heat outside in summer or inside in winter. People don’t even have to buy new windows to enjoy the technology. All they’ll need is a low-E film to place over their current ones.
4. Magnets Will Cool Fridges
Refrigerators haven’t changed much in a very long time. They’re still using a vapor compression process that wastes energy while harming the environment. It won’t be long until they’ll be cooled using magnets instead.
The magnetocaloric effect is going to revolutionize cold food storage. The fluid these fridges are going to use will be water-based, which means the environment can rest easy and energy bills will drop.
5. Improving Our Current LEDs
Everyone who spent a lot of money on energy must have been very happy when LEDs became mainstream. Incandescent light bulbs belong in museums today because the new tech cut costs by up to 85 percent.
That doesn’t mean someone isn’t always trying to improve on an already great invention. The amount of lumens LEDs produce per watt isn’t great, but we’ve already found a way to increase it by 25 percent.
Maybe Homes Will Look Different Too
Do you think we’ll come up with new styles of homes that will take off? Surely it’s not out of the question. Everything inside homes seems to be changing for the better with each passing year. It’s going to continue doing so thanks to amazing inventors.
ShutterStock – Stock photo ID: 613912244
IEMA Urge Government’s Industrial Strategy Skills Overhaul To Adopt A “Long View Approach”
IEMA, in response to the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, have welcomed the focus on technical skills and education to boost “competence and capability” of tomorrow’s workforce.
Policy experts at the world’s leading professional association of Environment and Sustainability professionals has today welcomed Prime Minister Teresa May’s confirmation that an overhaul of technical education and skills will form a central part of the Plan for Britain – but warns the strategy must be one for the long term.
Martin Baxter, Chief Policy Advisor at IEMA said this morning that the approach and predicted investment in building a stronger technical skills portfolio to boost the UK’s productivity and economic resilience is positive, and presents an opportunity to drive the UK’s skills profile and commitment to sustainability outside of the EU.
Commenting on the launch of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Green Paper, Baxter said today:
“Government must use the Industrial Strategy as an opportunity to accelerate the UK’s transition to a low-carbon, resource efficient economy – one that is flexible and agile and which gives a progressive outlook for the UK’s future outside the EU.
We welcome the focus on skills and education, as it is vital that tomorrow’s workforce has the competence and capability to innovate and compete globally in high-value manufacturing and leading technology.
There is a real opportunity with the Industrial Strategy, and forthcoming 25 year Environment Plan and Carbon Emissions Reduction Plan, to set long-term economic and environmental outcomes which set the conditions to unlock investment, enhance natural capital and provide employment and export opportunities for UK business.
We will ensure that the Environment and Sustainability profession makes a positive contribution in responding to the Green Paper.”