In today’s day and age, it is more important than ever to reuse and recycle whenever possible. Whenever you think that most of your car parts are beyond help, think again. There is always a 90-95% chance that most of the parts can actually be salvageable. Here is a list of some of the parts :-
- Engine Oil: Here’s one thing you need to know about Motor Oil – it never wears out. Most conventional oils out there are reliable for a good 3 months plus the synthetic oils are the ones that tend to last longer. Of course, it will get dirty and stuff and the main problem is its effective disposal which is very rarely done in a proper manner. But all you will need to do is to take it to a certified collection centre around your specific area so that you can ensure that it is reused and cleaned.
- Auto Glass: Now the latest estimate in the U.S. is that a good 15 million windshields get replaced on a yearly basis. Initially it used to be difficult to recycle, but now thanks to improved technologies, both the glass and the plastic parts can be reused and recycled to make concrete blocks, glass bottles and other applications. Dealers who offer cash for junk cars can also buy auto glass for a decent price.
- Batteries: Now these are the single most recycled product in the U.S with a astonishingly high 98-99% recycling rate. There are extremely strict state and regional laws that play a very important role in the enforcement of shipping older batteries to the recycling centers/manufacturers to make doubly sure that none of the toxic chemicals inside the battery leak into the environment.
- Water Pumps: These do tend to make up the bulk of automobile parts that tend to be easily reused and remanufactured when they break down. A greal deal of auto part stores actually take old defunct parts as a form of deposit like which you pay to get a new part. Such incentives do make it easier for the large majority of customers out there to bring back their old and worn out parts with a reassured mind rather than simply throwing them away.
- Tyres: Yet another car part that manages to get into the recycling circuit for the most part. Burning tyres are one of the worst hazards resulting not just in air pollution, but also soil pollution due to the fact that they also produce a toxic oily runoff that happens to be flammable as well. There is even the problem of space from the moment they get tossed into a landfill. There are more than enough reputed tire dealers around for you to take your worn out tires to, so no worries on that front.
- Carpets and Mats: Now this one is quite the serious problem for the simple reason that a whopping 5 billion pounds of carpeting gets sent to the landfill every year and it is very rarely biodegradable. On this note, one can only hope that carpet recycling gets a new lease of life soon.
- Alternators and starters: They too can be remanufactured, not to mention that they tend to be quite expensive when brand new. So in that regard, it would be economically wise of you to buy a recycled one instead.
As you can clearly see, there are a surprising amount of parts that can be saved and salvaged from rotting away worthlessly in a landfill if you just happen to look closely and do a great deal of research on your part.
Green Weddings Trend: Why 70% of Newlyweds Are Going Green
A couple of months ago, my best friend got married to her new husband. They are both very eco-conscious people, so they decided to have a unique twist on their wedding. They asked for the following:
- They arranged a carpool with their friends.
- They didn’t have any balloons. Instead they used umbrellas.
- They used plant materials instead of plastic confetti.
- My friend insisted her husband not purchase a diamond. In addition to being ecologically conscious, she didn’t like the idea of having a stone that was used in conflict zones.
My friends aren’t the only ones making these changes. In fact, nearly a quarter of all newlyweds are organizing green weddings.
Green Weddings Are Becoming the Norm
People are more concerned about green living than ever before. They are trying to incorporate environmental protectionist ideas into every facet of their lives, even the most intimate, such as marriage. A growing number of people are trying to have green weddings, which can make a big difference in reducing their carbon footprint.
How much of a difference can this make? Here are some statistics to bear in mind:
- The Center for Disease Control reports that about two million marriages are formed every year.
- Approximately 70% of all marriages have green elements today.
- This means that 1.4 million marriages are green.
There are a number ofreasons that green weddings are becoming more important. Here are a few.
People Are More Worried About Environmental Preservation than Ever Before
Green living in general is becoming a greater concern for most people. Even younger conservatives are breaking from their older counterparts by insisting on fighting climate change. According to a poll from Pew Research earlier this year, 75% of Americans say that they are very concerned about protecting the environment. Having green weddings is a good way to act on this concern.
One of the biggest changes people are making is using recycled products for their green weddings. This is explained by the research from Pew:
“Overall, 32% of U.S. adults say they are bothered a lot by people throwing away things that could be recycled. Roughly six-in-ten Americans (61%) who say they always try to live in ways that protect the environment say it bothers them “a lot” when others throw away things that could be recycled. Among those who are less focused on environmental protection, only a quarter say it bothers them a lot when others don’t recycle. People who are environmentally conscious are also twice as likely as others to say that seeing someone incorrectly putting trash in recycling bins bothers them a lot (42% vs. 21%).”
Indifferent Politicians Are Driving them to Take More Initiative
Many politicians in power have been very hesitant to take action on climate change. Many of them have openly stated that it is a hoax. These politicians are forcing people to do what they can in their own lives to make a difference. Making small changes, such as hosting green weddings, is a great way to improve the environment without waiting for political momentum.
Cost and Simplicity
A couple of the biggest reasons that people want to host green weddings have nothing to do with their concern for the environment. Running green weddings is simply cheaper and simpler than having a massive, traditional one. One of the biggest changes is that they are buying green engagement rings from the best brands.
Green Weddings Are the Future
Green weddings have become very popular over the past few years. They will probably account for close to 90% of all marriages by 2025. People that are planning to get married should look into the benefits and plan accordingly.
Green Tech Start-Ups: Are they the Future?
Endless innovations are occurring in green companies, reinventing the industries they belong to. Gradually, they are beginning to amass more success and popularity. Consequently, these factors serve as a good indicator for green technology businesses, and their development must begin somewhere.
Green tech start-ups boast a wide array of opportunities for the economy and environment, while boosting recruitment openings with valuable services. While the technology industry is littered with high revenues and competition, the green tech start-ups are the clear sign of a cleaner future.
Fulfilling a Genuine Need
Many tech companies will market themselves as the ultimate tech giants to shift stock and make profit. As they all vie for attention through warped corporate rhetoric, there is only one ethical winner; the start-up green tech company.
Some argue that mainstream tech businesses have grown far too big, branching out into other industries and standing between the consumer and practically everything they do. However, green tech start-ups go beyond the shallow ambitions of a company, answering a call to sincerely help the customer and climate in any way they can. Of course, this is an attractive business model, putting customers at ease as they contribute to a humanitarian cause that is genuine through and through.
After all, empathy is a striking trait to have in business, and green tech start-ups maintain this composure by their very nature and purpose.
Despite the pursuits for clean energy still needing more awareness, green tech is an area that is ripe for contribution and expansion. There’s no need to copy another company or be a business of cheap knockoffs; green tech start-ups can add a new voice to the economy by being fresh, fearless and entrepreneurial.
Technology is at its most useful when it breaks new ground, an awe that eco-friendly innovations have by default in their operations. Of course, green tech start-ups have the chance to build on this foundation and create harmony instead of climate crisis. Ultimately, the tech advancements are what revolutionise clean energy as more than an activist niche, putting theory into practice.
Despite the US gradually becoming more disengaged with green technology, others such as China and Canada recognise the potential in green technology for creating jobs and growth in their respective economies. The slack of others spurs them on, which creates a constant influx of prospects for the green tech sector. Put simply, their services are always required, able to thrive from country to country.
A Fundamental Foresight
Mainstream technology can seem repetitive and dull, tinkering with what has come before rather than turning tech on its head. Since 2011, technology has been accused of stagnation, something which the internet and petty app services seem to disguise in short reaching ideas of creativity.
However, green tech start-ups aren’t just winging it, and operate with a roadmap of climate change in the years ahead to strategize accordingly. In other words, they aren’t simply looking to make a quick profit by sticking to a trend, but have the long-term future in mind. Consequently, the green tech start-up will be there from the very start, building up from the foundational level to only grow as more and more people inevitably go green.
They can additionally forecast their finances too, with the ability to access online platforms despite the differing levels of experience, keeping them in the loop. Consequently, with an eye for the future, green tech startups are the ones who will eventually usher in the new era.
- Features4 weeks ago
Pelicans, Eagles & Cormorants: The Wonderful Water Birds of Lake Winnipeg
- Environment4 weeks ago
How Can Property Developers Help to Create Sustainable Communities?
- Spend3 weeks ago
7 Ways to Save on Your Energy Bill This Fall
- Energy4 weeks ago
4 Case Studies on the Benefits of Solar Energy