Private businesses and governments now work together frequently on climate change issues. In many cases, a government agency will request bids from vendors in the private sector. Technology makes it possible to streamline the process of creating a project, requesting bids and awarding the work to a vendor. Consider how tech tools make collaboration between business and government much easier.
The RFP process
Assume that the U.S. Department of Labor would like to put solar roofs on all of their buildings. All government entities have a responsibility to spend money wisely. As a result, the Labor Department creates a request for proposal (RFP).
The RFP process can be very time consuming. A large project may have dozens of requirements and have a budget in the millions of dollars. Writing the RFP can take a huge amount of time. The RFP needs to be communicated to a group of vendors who are capable of taking on the project. The Labor Department must review and evaluate each response.
Many industries are seeing the benefits of operating on the cloud. BidSync explains that using the cloud allows government entities to automate their entire procurement process (eprocurement). There are several benefits that a cloud-based system can provide:
- A government agency or school district can transmit the RFP to qualified vendors over the cloud. This speeds up the process of communicating with each vendor.
- The vendor puts together their bid using an electronic form. Using an automated RFP helps all parties avoid confusion about the requirements of the work. A vendor can also submit their RFP electronically.
- The agency can receive and review RFPs faster since the process occurs on the cloud. This faster turnaround time means that projects can be awarded to a vendor quickly.
A cloud-based system adds clarity to the RFP process. The time required from RFP creation to awarding the project can be significantly reduced. Using the cloud helps the agency manage the RFP process using less time and money.
Working on the cloud also allows the agency or school district to track spending while the project is going on. When the government entity is audited, all records related to producing and rewarding the RFP bid could be located on the cloud.
Projects addressing climate change
Government entities and private businesses are working on a variety of initiatives related to climate change. Here are some examples:
- Kellogg: This U.S.-based food producer plans to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 65 percent by 2050. The company will also help their suppliers reduce their emissions. Kellogg will improve efficiency in energy use and transportation. The firm will also move to renewable energy sources.
- Farm-related issues: Several agencies are addressing climate change and the impact on farming. For example, private landowners can get a conservation easement to preserve and restore grassland and wetlands. Programs are in place to help farmers rotate the crops they grow. These programs also address rotational grazing for livestock. The goal is to maintain the quality of farm land and ranch land.
- Packaging: Many private companies are moving toward the use of packaging that can be completely recycled. This includes shipping boxes, bags and bottles.
Each of these efforts may involve an RFP process. Cloud-based technology can help both government entities and business reduce the time and expense required to manage an RFP.
Like our Facebook Page
How to Find an Eco-Friendly Termite Control Service Provider in Malaysia
Eco-Friendly Vegans Win Most Battles Not the War
3 Iconic Chicago Billboards Eco-Friendly Advertisers Can Learn from
EnviroSolar’s Abe Issa Discusses Success in Green Entrepreneurship
How Sports Could Be Impacted by Climate Change
What Eco-Friendly Patients Should Know about Online Therapy
6 Reasons Why Meal Delivery Services are Eco-Friendly
The Path for Retail’s Sustainable Future
4 Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat a Sinus Infection
4 Strategies for Eco-Friendly Real Estate Investors to Find Properties
How Managed Print Services Helps to Reduce Paper Waste
Why Scientists Are Concerned About ‘Forever Chemicals’ In Drinking Water
Meat Farming Is Only Getting Smarter, Easier & Eco-Friendlier
What is Eco-Friendly Homesteading and How Does it Affect Your Insurance?
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
Alternative Financing Ideas for Green Businesses that Shun Banks
Tencel Material Demand Shows Britain Is More Eco-Friendlier Than Ireland
How To Invest in Clean Energy Stocks in Only Five Easy Steps!
How To Secure Funding As An Eco-Entrepreneur?
4 Amazing Eco-Friendly Businesses Worth Starting in 2021
- Features8 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features8 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Invest10 months ago
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years