The Fabian Society launched a new report, evaluating the evolving devolution policy landscape.
Published last Friday, the report, written by Ed Wallis, focuses on the future of devolution policy, and demonstrates how the local environment could be the ‘green thread’ that binds devolution deals together. There is growing recognition in public policy that green places bring signiﬁcant economic, social, and environmental beneﬁts, as well as providing crucial community spaces where people can come together, meet their neighbours and build trusting relationships.
In the report:
- Judith Blake outlines how councils can make green infrastructure a bigger part of their devolution strategies
- Sarah Whitney makes the economic case for investment in green infrastructure
- Ruth Davis investigates how civil society can engage with the devolution agenda
- Hugh Ellis considers the role of the planning system in creating ‘green places’
- Kate Chappell explains how Greater Manchester is using its new powers mainstream environmental policy
- Hannah Jameson shows how getting the most out of devolution requires a different approach to politics
- And Mark Walton and Kate Swade outline the options for hard-pressed local authorities as they try to keep green spaces viable.
You can download the report here: http://www.fabians.org.uk/publications/green-places/
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Simple Ways To Create A Greener And Healthier Home