MSCI ESG Research sweeps major categories in investor poll | CDP tops climate-change categories | Unilever, Nordea and CalPERS win categories for companies, asset managers and asset owners
WeConvene Extel and www.SRI‐CONNECT.com today announced the results of the Independent Research in Responsible Investment (IRRI) Survey 2015; the most authoritative global survey evaluating how asset managers rate the services of independent providers of sustainable and responsible investment (SRI) & corporate governance (CG) research.
“Alongside the headline awards, IRRI has generated a wealth of data that will help quoted companies engage more effectively with this growing segment of capital markets”, said Steve Kelly, Managing Director of WeConvene Extel. “The SRI & corporate governance dimension is here to stay and is growing fast; The communications best practices that IRRI has identified should enable companies to benefit from the rise of engaged, responsible, long‐term investors.”
Award winner from the major categories were:
- Best SRI analysis (firm): MSCI ESG Research
o Runners‐up: Sustainalytics & CDP
- Best SRI analysts (individual): James Magness (CDP) & Gustavo Pimentel (Sitawi)
o Runner‐up: Greg Elders (Bloomberg)
- Best Salesperson for SRI research: Daniel Sailer (MSCI ESG Research)
o Runners‐up: Catalina Secreteanu (Sustainalytics) & Vipul Arora (Solaron)
For Corporate Governance
- Best Corporate Governance analysis (firm): MSCI ESG Research
o Runners‐up: ISS & Sustainalytics
- Best Corporate Governance analyst (individual): Adam Ward (MSCI ESG Research)
o Runners‐up: Alan Brett (MSCI ESG Research) & Loic Dessaint (Proxinvest)
- Best Salesperson for Corporate Governance research: Daniel Sailer (MSCI ESG Research)
o Runners‐up: Vipul Arora (Solaron) & Cornelia Bedford (MSCI ESG Research)
- Best company for SRI: Unilever
o Runners up: Novo Nordisk, Intel & Repsol
About Asset Managers And Owners
- Asset Owner contribution to sustainable investment: CalPERS (USA)
o Runners‐up: PFZW (Netherlands) & ERAFP (France)
- Asset Manager contribution to sustainable investment: Nordea (Sweden)
o Runners‐up: Amundi (France) & BMO Global Asset Management (UK)
Insights & Innovation
- Best analysts (nominated by companies): Cedric Laverie (Amundi), Hardik Shah (Sustainalytics), Robbert Gerritsen (ISS), Orith Azoulay (Natixis) & Yannick Ouaknine (Societe Generale)
- Best research: CDP Sector Reports including Flicking the Switch and No Room for Passengers
o Runner‐up: CarbonTracker: Carbon Supply Cost Curves
Other Category Winners
- Best for engagement services: GES Invest
- Best for news: Bloomberg
- Best for voting execution: ISS
The Dynamics Of SRI Research And Communications
Alongside the rankings, IRRI explores the dynamics of SRI & corporate governance research and the communications practices of companies. Highlights of this research includes:
- 47% of asset owners explicitly mandate asset managers to integrate sustainability and corporate governance factors into investment
- 68% of asset managers see direct contact with companies on sustainability and corporate governance issues as important or very important to their investment research process
- Investor relations managers are taking control of the SRI and corporate governance (47% vs 30% last year).
- Strong demand from all sides (companies, investors and analysts) for closer linkage in between sustainability and financial information in reporting and analysis
The survey ran through October and received responses from 1,287 voters from 681 different firms in 35 different countries. It asked for quantitative and qualitative responses from asset managers globally on how they rate the SRI research published by independent providers, as well as from the research providers themselves on how well quoted companies communicate their sustainability performance to investment analysts and on how asset managers communicate their research needs.
“The IRRI results show the depth, variety and innovation available in SRI & corporate governance research markets.” added Mike Tyrrell, Editor of www.SRI‐CONNECT.com. “Investment research markets worldwide are under scrutiny with asset managers encouraged to find the best insights and also focus on research costs. It is, therefore, encouraging to see that SRI & corporate governance research have the strength, depth and openness to respond to both needs.”
A report with findings from the survey is available on www.extelsurveys.com.
Like our Facebook Page
REPT BATTERO Makes Breakthrough in Future of Eco-Friendly Batteries
Harnessing the Sun: The Far-reaching Benefits of Solar Panels
7 Benefits of Purchasing Sustainable Housing
Our Top Five Sustainable Home Renovations For 2023
6 Ways Eco-Friendly Photographers Can Take Beautiful Natural Pictures
Emerging Research In Seagrass Restoration: What Does The Future Hold?
Sustainable Bites: How To Make Your Diet Eco-Friendly
Coffee Farms & Cloud Forests: Colombia’s New Eco Initiatives
Electric Cars: Are They Worth The Switch?
Maximizing the Efficiency of Deliveries: Strategies for Sustainable Businesses
The Future of Sustainability In The Logistics Industry
Eight Different Eco-Friendly Developments in the Food Industry
Holding Eco-Friendly Coins is Greener and More Profitable
Addressing Leadership Challenges in Green Entrepreneurship
5 Reasons That Diamonds Can Be Excellent Green Investments
Why Should We Invest in Eco-Friendly Homes?
The Rise of Sustainable Cloud Computing
Eco- Friendly Homes Integrating Environmental Consciousness into Modern Real Estate
Navigating Towards A Greener Future: Sustainable Practices In Maritime
Sustainable Bites: How To Make Your Diet Eco-Friendly
- Features3 months ago
What is the Eco-Friendliest Option to Wash Your Dishes?
- Environment7 months ago
6 Home Improvements You Can Make to Help the Environment
- Environment11 months ago
How to Ensure Your Home’s Eco-Friendly During Construction?
- Business10 months ago
The Pulp & Paper Industry is Reaching its Sustainability Goals