When you are living an eco-friendly lifestyle, you need to take particularly good care of your health. Christina Hartmann and many other health experts have found that people that live environmentally friendly lifestyles tend to be more concerned about their health. This is evident in many ways, such as the fact that eco-friendly food tends to be healthier and insect treatments are also less toxic if they are environmentally friendly.
However, some eco-friendly tips don’t get as much attention. There are a lot of ways that you can get health screenings without hurting the environment. Don’t use your concern about green living as an excuse for not getting the health treatments that you need.
Here are some environmentally friendly health screenings that you should get before you turn 30.
Importance of Green Health Screenings for Aging Millennials
When individuals approach their late 20’s, there are certain health checkups that should not be avoided. In the fast-paced life, going to a doctor may be the last thing that comes on a person’s mind. But regular health checkups can save an individual’s health and life. A complete health checkup can help in finding problems before they start showing symptoms. It can also help in finding problems early when the chances for treatment are better. By getting correct healthcare services, an individual increases the chance of living a healthier life. They are in line with sustainable living practices as well.
Listed below are some of the important tests that should be done before a person turns 30. The good news is none of them hurt the environment.
1. Blood sugar test: This test measures the amount of sugar or glucose in the blood. The doctor may perform this test to diagnose diabetes. It is performed after a 12-hour fasting period. It may also be performed in case of diabetes and prediabetes. A reading of <99 is normal; between 100 and 110 indicates pre-diabetes and above than 110 indicates diabetes. To prevent pre-diabetes and diabetes, HbA1C test is performed that determines average blood sugar levels over the last 3 months. The good news is that most blood sugar tests are eco-friendly.
2. Liver function test: This test is performed to measure the specific enzymes and proteins in the blood. It is done to screen the liver conditions, such as alcohol-induced liver damage, Hepatitis B and C. This test helps in determining whether the liver is working properly or not.
3. Test for Vitamin D deficiency: Vitamin D is important for maintaining PR strength of the body as it helps the body in using calcium from the diet. Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with rickets that leads to soft bones and skeletal limb deformities.
25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test gives the most accurate result of measuring vitamin D in the body. A level of 20-50 ng/mL is considered adequate for an individual. A level below 12 ng/mL signifies deficiency of vitamin D. The best news is that if you have a Vitamin D deficiency, you can easily treat it without harming the environment. Getting sunlight is one of the best precautions.
4. Pap smear test: This test is performed to screen for cervical cancer. It involves collecting cells from the cervix-the lower and narrow end of the uterus. Diagnosing cervical cancer in the early stage with a pap smear gives a greater chance to cure. A pap smear helps in detecting changes in the cervical cells that suggest that it may develop cancer in the coming years.
5. Skin check-up: It is very important to take care of skin before a person turns 30. Most people do not wear sunscreen, and when people use it either it is not used in a proper way or not put enough. If a person has a family or personal history of skin cancer or someone who is regularly exposed to the sun should get an annual skin check-up done.
6. Cholesterol test: Cholesterol is another health issue that might not bother someone in their late twenties, but it isn’t really. Based on an individual’s initial number it should be checked every one to five years. Keeping a check on cholesterol at a tender age can prevent many health problems in the future. High cholesterol can increase a person’s risk of heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure. If you have high cholesterol, you can fix it by following a vegan diet. You will be helping the environment (since vegan diets are the single best way to help Mother Earth) and helping your health at the same time.
7. Blood pressure test: Paying attention to blood pressure is often associated with aging, but this is not the case. Most doctors encourage patients to check their blood pressure even in their twenties. A person can get high blood pressure at any age, so it is important to get it checked in their twenties. Keeping a track of blood pressure can prevent heart problems along the line.
8. Screening for STIs: Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) can affect individuals from all age groups. It is usually common among young people. The main purpose of screening for STIs is to treat infected persons before it leads to any complication. It is also used to treat an individual’s sex partners to prevent transmission and avoid the recurrence of an infection. In case if a person has multiple sexual partners or planning to conceive, it is advised one should check for STIs such as gonorrhea, HIV and Hepatitis B.
9. HPV testing: HPVs are known as human papillomaviruses as some HPV types cause warts that are non-cancerous tumors. Some types of HPV are known to cause cancer, such as cancers of the cervix, vagina and penis. Pap smears and HPV testing are two different tests-though they are often performed together. A pap smear along with an HPV test (known as co-testing) is the approved way to diagnose cervical cancers in women.
10. Eye checkup: Most people feel that their eyes do not need attention as long as they can see clearly. A complete health checkup is important for one’s overall health, including a regular eye exam. Through an eye checkup, a doctor can identify the symptoms of chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure and brain disorders. With the digital lifestyle, that majority of youth are living is causing the eyes to age quickly. Therefore, it is important to take care of the eyes to prevent headaches and other types of pain.
There Are Environmentally Friendly Ways to Stay Healthy
Staying health is perfectly consistent with green living. You should make sure that you get a health screening if you are approaching 30.
Taking control of one’s life is important to live a healthy life. Schedule an appointment with a doctor to see if there are any important tests that should be taken. By investing an hour or two, one can add more years to their life.
Like our Facebook Page
Guidelines for Finding the Best Solar Panels for Intense Weather
4 Incredibly Easy and Eco-Friendly Ways to Get Rid of Your Junk
Eco-Friendly Decisions That Will Enhance Your Quality of Life
List of Fantastic Places for Green Consumers to Settle in South Carolina
Old House, New Energy: Save the Planet and Energy Through Proper Heating
6 Amazing Eco-Friendly Bedroom Design Ideas for Sustainable Homeowners
5 Great Ways to be a More Environmentally-Friendly Cannabis User
How to Step up Your Academic Game When Studying Environmentalism Abroad
Amazing Approaches to Cycling for Promoting a Greener Lifestyle
Understanding The True Environmental Impact of Dentistry
Eco-Friendly Decisions That Will Enhance Your Quality of Life
From Store to Door with Minimal Impact: How Companies Are Eco-Friendly Innovators
A Guide to Investing In Renewable Energy Stocks in 2021
Creative Ideas to Practice Eco-friendlier Consumerism
Hawkers Launch a Truly Innovative Eco-Friendly Sunglass Line
Everything You Need to Know Before You Start Using Renewable Energy in 2021
The Curtis Institute of Music Makes Facilities More Energy Efficient
What Can Ecotourists Learn from Visiting Chernobyl?
5 Essentials for Promising Eco-Friendly Businesses to Thrive in a New Economy
Charity Organizations Who Are Taking Steps to Become More Environmentally Friendly
- Editors Choice12 months ago
10 Green Companies With Amazing Environmental Initiatives
- Features12 months ago
5 Sustainable Home Improvement Ideas To Improve Your Home’s Value
- Energy12 months ago
10 Amazing Energy Saving Hacks for Spring
- Invest11 months ago
4 Super Simple Solutions To Create The Perfect Eco-Friendly Home