Crowdfunding is becoming an ever-more popular way for entrepreneurs and small-scale projects to raise vital funds needed to kickstart their business. We owe a lot to crowdfunding ourselves, so have rounded up the 10 best projects currently on the lookout for democratic finance.
Ideas are usually pitched online through crowdfunding websites, and depending on the project, individuals are able to make either small contributions, invest for a potential future return on investment (ROI) or prepay for a service or product.
So without further ado, here’s our top 10 crowdfunding projects for April.
The ecovillage movement (EVM) attempts to formulate an answer on how to alleviate humans’ ecological footprint on the earth. Focusing on movements such as self-sufficiency, localisation and scaling-down, EVM aims to reduce the overriding pressure on ecological services to maintain a sustainable and ecological balance.
This project is seeking £3,500 to build resources that help reduce carbon emissions from television production by giving employers easy access to local services closer to their filming locations. Local businesses will receive support from this project.
The Peoples Farm UK is seeking £125,000 to develop 1,000 green patches on a plot of land near London. The project aims to offer a chance to those that don’t have access to green spaces to benefit from growing their own crops alongside promoting ecological farming, sustainability and land development.
4. Please will you stop dropping litter project: this three-month project aims to reduce the amount of litter lying around on UK roadsides, countryside and public places, whilst attempting to help local councils recruit more litter pickers.
5. The Bee Shed: Mick Parker is seeking £500 to renovate a large shed into a classroom to educate school children on the ecological importance of honey bees.
6. Promotion campaign of Totnes homeless shelter: filmmaker Beccy Strong aims to make a promotional campaign for a homeless shelter in Totnes that is currently applying for a new planning status to provide night shelter in severe weather.
7. Grounded – An urban environmental art project for young people: James Beckett, MA in digital media art, is seeking £200 to fund a series of workshops to make a large sculpture from a number of recycled shopping trollies.
8. Eco-friendly and Ethical Yarn Shop: Sofie Kay, an experienced yarn worker with a strong ethical and eco ethos, is asking for individuals to crowdfund £1,000 to help with the initial setup of an online eco-friendly and ethical yearn shop.
9. Newcastle Community Green Festival 2013: the voluntary-led Newcastle Community Green Festival promotes solutions to environmental problems whilst raising awareness of green and ethical issues,
10. Peace in Mali Music video: Support peace and freedom of expression in Mali: Mulele is asking for £2,500 to help pay for the filming and editing of a music video for 20 London-based musicians, for a song that promotes peace in Mali.
Like our Facebook Page
Solar-Powered Solutions for Lowering City Infrastructure Carbon Footprint
How to Prioritize Sustainability When Studying Abroad
EHS Management is Making the Construction Industry Greener
Best Sustainable Practices in the Construction Industry in 2024
Comparing Renewable Energy: Solar Power, Wind, Hydro & Bio
Maximizing Home Efficiency: The Renewable Way
10 Easy Ways To Make Your Home More Eco-Friendly
Energy Management Mastery: 4 Tips for Green Property Owners
Wonderful Ways to Make Your University Lifestyle Greener
How Construction Companies Can Ensure Sustainable Practices
Insider Tips for an Eco-Friendly Dubai Vacation in 2024
The Coming Social & Environmental Challenges of eCommerce
How You Can Cool Your Home Without Warming the Planet
Polythene Bags and Food Safety: Crucial Role in Food Packaging
How Can Field Service Companies Reduce Their Carbon Footprint?
Solo Eco-Tourism Misconceptions That Need To Be Debunked
5 Tips for Creating a Sustainable Living Space
Embracing Sustainability: 7 Tips for Eco-Friendly Shopping
Crypto Market Makers Are Becoming More Eco-Friendly
Eco-Friendly Benefits of Energy Efficient Mortgages
- Features8 months ago
What is the Eco-Friendliest Option to Wash Your Dishes?
- Environment12 months ago
6 Home Improvements You Can Make to Help the Environment
- Editors Choice11 months ago
7 Tips to Minimize the Negative Impact Businesses Have on the Environment
- Environment12 months ago
The Truth About The Environmental Impact of Dogs