An annuity is a financial contract, which provides an income stream in return for an initial payment with specific parameters. There are different types of annuities including variable, deferred and fixed.
Annuities are often used at retirement to convert pension savings into a regular income that will last for the rest of the individual’s life.
- Pensioners to receive free and impartial guidance, government says
- Don’t get fooled again: a Daily Mail budget proposal with a Financial Times impact
- Budget 2014: Pensions shake-up divides industry – but may boost sustainable investment
- Consumer Panel calls for ‘urgent reform’ of annuities market
- Directors enjoy “platinum-plated” pensions, TUC claims
Photo: doctor-a via Freeimages