TED talks are about ideas worth spreading and there are plenty of options when looking at sustainability from responsible investment to biodiversity.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. How to grow a tiny forest anywhere – Shubhendu Sharma – In this short, informative TED talk, entrepreneur Shubhendu Sharma demonstrates how we can grow small forests that mature 10 times faster than typical forests, and grow 30% denser and are 100 times more biodiverse. Read more.
2. Does money make you mean? – Paul Piff – What can a rigged game of Monopoly tell us about our money habits? In this week’s featured TED talk, social psychologist Paul Piff shares some of his research into the behaviour of the wealthy. Read more.
3. Does the media have a ‘duty of care’? – David Puttnam – It has to be possible to balance freedom of expression with wider moral and social responsibilities, argues David Puttnam in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
4. The investment logic for sustainability – Chris McKnett – It is “reckless” for investors to ignore environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, Chris McKnett argues in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
5. The business logic of sustainability – Ray Anderson – In 2009, the late, great Ray Anderson – founder of carpet manufacturers Interface – gave a TED talk about the viability and logic of sustainable commerce. Read more.
6. Profit’s not always the point – Harish Manwani – Businesses must be more than just numbers on a balance sheet, says Harish Manwani in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
7. Hidden miracles of the natural world – Louie Schwartzberg – In this week’s featured TED talk, filmmaker Louie Schwartzberg reveals the unseeable beauty of the natural world in jaw-dropping detail. Read more.
8. Paper beats plastic? How to rethink environmental folklore – Leyla Acaroglu – With a rising global population, greater demand in consumerism and many tightly-held green myths, ecological systems are expected to face grave pressures in the coming decades. Leyla Acaroglu, designer and sustainability strategist, discusses how we can rethink environmental folklore in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
9. Can we prevent the end of the world? – Martin Rees – In this week’s featured TED talk Lord Martin Rees, astronomer royal and former master of Trinity College, Cambridge, describes the existential threats that could spell the end of humanity. Read more.
10. Leather and meat without killing animals – Andras Forgacs – In 30 years, when humans look back at how we currently raise and slaughter billions of animals to make our hamburgers and handbags, they will see it as both “wasteful” and “crazy“, according to Andras Forgacs in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
Like our Facebook Page
Eco-Friendly Decisions That Will Enhance Your Quality of Life
List of Fantastic Places for Green Consumers to Settle in South Carolina
6 Amazing Eco-Friendly Bedroom Design Ideas for Sustainable Homeowners
5 Great Ways to be a More Environmentally-Friendly Cannabis User
Amazing Approaches to Cycling for Promoting a Greener Lifestyle
Understanding The True Environmental Impact of Dentistry
Incredibly Important Benefits of Effective Ethically Made Anti-Virus Face Masks
Best Natural and Eco-Friendly Ways to Treat Dog Ailments
Green Entrepreneurs Find Creative Ways to Balance Ethical Goals with their Retirement Objectives
The Surprising Environmental Benefits of Using an Organic Mattress
From Store to Door with Minimal Impact: How Companies Are Eco-Friendly Innovators
A Guide to Investing In Renewable Energy Stocks in 2021
Creative Ideas to Practice Eco-friendlier Consumerism
Hawkers Launch a Truly Innovative Eco-Friendly Sunglass Line
Everything You Need to Know Before You Start Using Renewable Energy in 2021
The Curtis Institute of Music Makes Facilities More Energy Efficient
What Can Ecotourists Learn from Visiting Chernobyl?
5 Essentials for Promising Eco-Friendly Businesses to Thrive in a New Economy
Charity Organizations Who Are Taking Steps to Become More Environmentally Friendly
Mastering the Art of Trading Bitcoins Profitably and Sustainably
- Editors Choice12 months ago
10 Green Companies With Amazing Environmental Initiatives
- Features12 months ago
5 Sustainable Home Improvement Ideas To Improve Your Home’s Value
- Energy12 months ago
10 Amazing Energy Saving Hacks for Spring
- Invest11 months ago
4 Super Simple Solutions To Create The Perfect Eco-Friendly Home