While it always seems as though the wedding season is renewing itself the truth is that it is! People are always thinking about their different wedding themes and seasons and weddings happen every day of the year. One of the best places to go for your wedding is the area around Keswick, Ullswater, and Penrith; the Lake District! If you have been wondering what the top Lake District wedding destinations for 2016 are you are in luck. Read onward to get tipped off to the different magical destinations found in and around the Lake District.
Keswick Hotels: As a wonderful former market town and civil parish, the town of Keswick has meandered into the modern day by not trying to get too far ahead of the city life. You can still enjoy a pint in Keswick and sit around to watch the grass grow. You can also find some amazing destinations for your wedding in 2016 in Keswick.
- The Inn on the Square is a family owned inn which doubles Scandinavian design with an eye pitched towards everyone having an amazing time. You can slumber in here and just escape from the crazy wedding festivities or you and your groom can go hog-wild an experience all of the amazing touches which make this place a favored wedding destination.
- Another fine locale for your wedding destination in Keswick is the Skiddaw Hotel. This place features a good rendering of the old and the new and they pride themselves on their top tier service. Guests will be amazed by the cuisine, flattered by the lovely rooms, and made mute by the striking vistas which will all lead to your saying “I do.”
- One more Keswick destination around the Lake District area is the Kings Arms Hotel. This place is right in the thick of it all and they are proud of their hearty food offerings and amazing service. This is in addition to the newly appointed rooms all of which scream out for your impeccable wedding party. Come enjoy all that Keswick has to offer and enjoy all the other amenities of the Lake District which surround this wonderful inn.
Ullswater Hotels: As the second largest lake in the Lake District, Ullswater welcomes all who enter. The Ullswater Hotels which surround it’s shores make for a perfect spot to host your wedding in the exciting new year.
- As one of the premiere spots to visit in Ullswater the Inn on the Lake is one of the most awe inspired spots in the whole Lake District. It’s 15 acres makes it the perfect spot for your wedding in the new year or anytime really. The 47 rooms here can all accommodate your guests and there are even several suites which can make room for the newly married couple that you are. This inn looks out across the lovely Lake and even takes in the Helvellyn mountain range making for a perfect mixture of earth and water. Enjoy it all while you are here and get married before you leave too!
If you have an interest in the top Lake District wedding destinations for 2016 and you would like to learn more, you are in luck! As a top resource for Lake District deals and for all you could possibly want to know about weddings in the Lake District, the folks over at Lake District Hotels Limited can be your resource. Learn all about the different hotels in the Lake District and find out about the special deals being offered all year round; New Years Eve, Christmas, and every other holiday of the year!
Green Weddings Trend: Why 70% of Newlyweds Are Going Green
A couple of months ago, my best friend got married to her new husband. They are both very eco-conscious people, so they decided to have a unique twist on their wedding. They asked for the following:
- They arranged a carpool with their friends.
- They didn’t have any balloons. Instead they used umbrellas.
- They used plant materials instead of plastic confetti.
- My friend insisted her husband not purchase a diamond. In addition to being ecologically conscious, she didn’t like the idea of having a stone that was used in conflict zones.
My friends aren’t the only ones making these changes. In fact, nearly a quarter of all newlyweds are organizing green weddings.
Green Weddings Are Becoming the Norm
People are more concerned about green living than ever before. They are trying to incorporate environmental protectionist ideas into every facet of their lives, even the most intimate, such as marriage. A growing number of people are trying to have green weddings, which can make a big difference in reducing their carbon footprint.
How much of a difference can this make? Here are some statistics to bear in mind:
- The Center for Disease Control reports that about two million marriages are formed every year.
- Approximately 70% of all marriages have green elements today.
- This means that 1.4 million marriages are green.
There are a number ofreasons that green weddings are becoming more important. Here are a few.
People Are More Worried About Environmental Preservation than Ever Before
Green living in general is becoming a greater concern for most people. Even younger conservatives are breaking from their older counterparts by insisting on fighting climate change. According to a poll from Pew Research earlier this year, 75% of Americans say that they are very concerned about protecting the environment. Having green weddings is a good way to act on this concern.
One of the biggest changes people are making is using recycled products for their green weddings. This is explained by the research from Pew:
“Overall, 32% of U.S. adults say they are bothered a lot by people throwing away things that could be recycled. Roughly six-in-ten Americans (61%) who say they always try to live in ways that protect the environment say it bothers them “a lot” when others throw away things that could be recycled. Among those who are less focused on environmental protection, only a quarter say it bothers them a lot when others don’t recycle. People who are environmentally conscious are also twice as likely as others to say that seeing someone incorrectly putting trash in recycling bins bothers them a lot (42% vs. 21%).”
Indifferent Politicians Are Driving them to Take More Initiative
Many politicians in power have been very hesitant to take action on climate change. Many of them have openly stated that it is a hoax. These politicians are forcing people to do what they can in their own lives to make a difference. Making small changes, such as hosting green weddings, is a great way to improve the environment without waiting for political momentum.
Cost and Simplicity
A couple of the biggest reasons that people want to host green weddings have nothing to do with their concern for the environment. Running green weddings is simply cheaper and simpler than having a massive, traditional one. One of the biggest changes is that they are buying green engagement rings from the best brands.
Green Weddings Are the Future
Green weddings have become very popular over the past few years. They will probably account for close to 90% of all marriages by 2025. People that are planning to get married should look into the benefits and plan accordingly.
Green Tech Start-Ups: Are they the Future?
Endless innovations are occurring in green companies, reinventing the industries they belong to. Gradually, they are beginning to amass more success and popularity. Consequently, these factors serve as a good indicator for green technology businesses, and their development must begin somewhere.
Green tech start-ups boast a wide array of opportunities for the economy and environment, while boosting recruitment openings with valuable services. While the technology industry is littered with high revenues and competition, the green tech start-ups are the clear sign of a cleaner future.
Fulfilling a Genuine Need
Many tech companies will market themselves as the ultimate tech giants to shift stock and make profit. As they all vie for attention through warped corporate rhetoric, there is only one ethical winner; the start-up green tech company.
Some argue that mainstream tech businesses have grown far too big, branching out into other industries and standing between the consumer and practically everything they do. However, green tech start-ups go beyond the shallow ambitions of a company, answering a call to sincerely help the customer and climate in any way they can. Of course, this is an attractive business model, putting customers at ease as they contribute to a humanitarian cause that is genuine through and through.
After all, empathy is a striking trait to have in business, and green tech start-ups maintain this composure by their very nature and purpose.
Despite the pursuits for clean energy still needing more awareness, green tech is an area that is ripe for contribution and expansion. There’s no need to copy another company or be a business of cheap knockoffs; green tech start-ups can add a new voice to the economy by being fresh, fearless and entrepreneurial.
Technology is at its most useful when it breaks new ground, an awe that eco-friendly innovations have by default in their operations. Of course, green tech start-ups have the chance to build on this foundation and create harmony instead of climate crisis. Ultimately, the tech advancements are what revolutionise clean energy as more than an activist niche, putting theory into practice.
Despite the US gradually becoming more disengaged with green technology, others such as China and Canada recognise the potential in green technology for creating jobs and growth in their respective economies. The slack of others spurs them on, which creates a constant influx of prospects for the green tech sector. Put simply, their services are always required, able to thrive from country to country.
A Fundamental Foresight
Mainstream technology can seem repetitive and dull, tinkering with what has come before rather than turning tech on its head. Since 2011, technology has been accused of stagnation, something which the internet and petty app services seem to disguise in short reaching ideas of creativity.
However, green tech start-ups aren’t just winging it, and operate with a roadmap of climate change in the years ahead to strategize accordingly. In other words, they aren’t simply looking to make a quick profit by sticking to a trend, but have the long-term future in mind. Consequently, the green tech start-up will be there from the very start, building up from the foundational level to only grow as more and more people inevitably go green.
They can additionally forecast their finances too, with the ability to access online platforms despite the differing levels of experience, keeping them in the loop. Consequently, with an eye for the future, green tech startups are the ones who will eventually usher in the new era.
- Energy4 weeks ago
3 of the Biggest Areas of Growth for Renewable Energies
- Environment4 weeks ago
Bottled Water – No Thanks! [Infographic]
- Environment4 weeks ago
Future Parcel Delivery Growth Hinges on Green Considerations
- Features3 weeks ago
Pelicans, Eagles & Cormorants: The Wonderful Water Birds of Lake Winnipeg