These are the three constituencies with the lowest ‘turnout’ in the Vote for Policies 2015 survey , gathering only 425 votes between them. In comparison Bristol West has seen 5,172 votes cast. The average is 937 ‘votes’ for policies per constituency.
With Labour, Lib Dem and the SNP holding these three seats respectively in 2010 and everything to play for in Scotland, we anticipate more people using the Vote for Policies survey in the coming week. For a full list of candidates standing in each constituency please visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies
Here’s the list of the lowest survey ‘turnout’ (as of midday on the 29th):
– 79 – Na h-Eileanan an Iar
– 158 – Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
– 188 – Airdrie and Shotts
– 193 – Banff and Buchan
– 195 – Glasgow East
– 197 – Blaenau Gwent
– 205 – Dwyfor Meirionnydd
– 221 – Angus
– 224 – Orkney and Shetland
– 235 – Central Ayrshire
And the highest survey ‘turnout’ is in the following constituencies:
– 5,127 – Bristol West
– 3,305 – Cambridge
– 3,182 – Brighton, Pavillion
– 2,808 – Sheffield Central
– 2,776 – Oxford East
– 2,539 – Bath
– 2,464 York Central
– 2,488 – Exeter
– 2,447 – Islington North
– 2,429 – Hornsey and Wood Green
To find your overall constituency results and by policy, and the number of votes cast, visit the data site of Vote for Policies.
The policy areas that people are voting on are:
– Health/NHS – 474,4000
– Education – 429,200
– Economy – 398,300
– Welfare – 324,300
– Immigration – 299,100
– Environment – 295,700
– Crime – 282,300
– Democracy – 242,600
– Europe – 225,200
– Foreign Policy/Defence
In terms of policies, of 592,417 surveys completed nationally, Labour leads on Health/NHS, Welfare Economy, Immigration, Environment and Europe policies. The Lib Dems take Education and Democracy. The Greens win on Crime, while UKIP takes Foreign Policy & Defence.
In Scotland with 26,500 surveys completed, the Scottish Green Party is slugging it out with the SNP. The Greens lead in Scotland on Health/NHS, Economy, Environment, Crime, Immigration and Foreign Policy/Defence policies. The SNP leads on Education, Welfare, Democracy and Europe. Labour comes third or fourth across all policy areas.In terms of policies, of 592,417 surveys completed nationally, Labour leads on Health/NHS, Welfare Economy, Immigration, Environment and Europe policies. The Lib Dems take Education and Democracy. The Greens win on Crime, while UKIP takes Foreign Policy & Defence.
In Wales with 22,200 surveys completed, Labour leads the Green party overall. Plaid Cymru comes last.
In terms of party leader constituencies:
– Ed Miliband (Labour leader, Doncaster North), Labour lead on 31.3% of 487 surveys completed
– David Cameron (Conservative leader, Witney), Labour lead on 26.3% of 1,326 surveys completed. Conservatives in third on 18%, after the Lib Dems (20.8%)
– Nick Clegg (Lib Dem leader, Sheffield Hallam), Labour lead on 29.7% of 2,321 surveys completed. Lib Dems come second on 24.5%
– Natalie Bennett (Green leader, Holborn & St Pancras), Labour narrow lead on 28.5% of 2,414 surveys completed. The Greens come second with 27.2%.
– Nigel Farage (UKIP leader, South Thanet), Labour lead with 25.5% of 1,037 surveys completed. UKIP comes fourth on 18.2%, after Greens (20.8%) and Lib Dems (19.4%).
– Angus Roberton (SNP leader in Westminster, Moray), Greens narrow lead on 23.2% of 341 surveys completed. The SNP comes second on 22.2%.
– Elfyn Llwyd (Plaid Cymru leader in Westminster, Dwyfor Meirionnydd), Green lead on 23% of 205 surveys completed. Plaid Cymru comes third on 17%, after Labour (19.7%).
For a full list of candidates standing in each constituency please visit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies
To take the survey, please visit: https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/survey/blueandgreentomorrow
Photo: Martin Bamford via Flickr
Like our Facebook Page
9 Huge Benefits of Environment-Focused Education Programs
The Best Electric Cars You Can Buy in 2021
Investments in Renewable Energy Companies
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
Top Three Spanish Stocks for Sustainable Investors
Undeniable Environmental and Health Benefits of Wearing Blue Light Glasses
What Is Involved in Solar Panel Installation?
4 Surprisingly Eco-Friendly Customer Acquisition Strategies
Outdoor Lights Can Beautify Your Home without Leaving a Huge Carbon Footprint
More companies shift to the green business model
Six Business Benefits to Installing Solar Panels
5 Huge Support Tips for Eco-friendly eCommerce Brands
More companies shift to the green business model
Strategies for Combating the Pains of Eco-Anxiety
Most Environmentally Friendly Water Sports
Reasons Why Eco-Friendly Women Can Become Successful at Welding
Ari Stiegler: New Year, New Green Energy Solutions
Environmental Considerations of Choosing the Right Flooring for Sustainable Homes
Petrol / Diesel Vehicles Banned by 2030: Can Electric Vehicles Step Up In Time?
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Invest12 months ago
4 Super Simple Solutions To Create The Perfect Eco-Friendly Home
- Environment11 months ago
6 Waste-To-Energy Trends In 2020 That Are Worth Watching
- Features7 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features12 months ago
Key Strategies To Create A Perfectly Eco-friendly Septic System