We take a look at the books we have reviewed that cover a range of sustainability issues, opinions, experiences and solutions.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. The Future – Al Gore (2014) – Al Gore, the former US vice-president behind An Inconvenient Truth, explores the political, social and economic forces that are shaping the world in The Future. Read more.
2. Sustainability: All That Matters – Chris Goodall (2012) – Award-winning writer and campaigner Chris Goodall argues that today’s generation has borrowed from the future and as a result has left subsequent generations to foot the bill for unsustainable practices. Read more.
3. Invest, Feel Good, Make a Difference – Richard Essex (2014) – Invest, Feel Good, Make a Difference: Breaking the Myths about Sustainable and Responsible Investing is the ideal book for investors interested in making their portfolios more sustainable and responsible but have reservations, are facing challenges or are unsure of how to start. Read more.
4. The Road – Cormac McCarthy (2006) – When, with his uncompromising and darkly beautiful prose, Cormac McCarthy wrote his 2006 novel The Road he penned one of the most important examples of environmental literature yet printed. Read more.
5. UNEP: The First 40 Years – Stanley Johnson (2012) – The environmentalist Stanley Johnson’s latest book charts the United Nations Environment Programme’s progression over the four decades since its establishment in 1972 in captivating detail. Read more.
6. No Logo – Naomi Klein (2010) – No Logo explores the concept of branding and globalisation. The book is a mix of cultural analysis, political manifesto, mall-rat memoir and journalist expose. Read more.
7. Moving People: Sustainable Transport Development – Peter Cox (2010) – Moving People looks at the impacts of transport and offers an introduction into how the area can be made more sustainable – as well as the benefits of doing so. Read more.
8. Standing on the Sun – Christopher Meyer & Julia Kirby (2012) – Christopher Meyer and Julia Kirby’s latest book, Standing on the Sun: How the Explosion of Capitalism Abroad Will Change Business Everywhere, is a journey into some of the most innovative ideas around capitalism and development. Read more.
9. Cannibals with Forks – John Elkington (1999) – Cannibals with Forks: Triple Bottom Line of 21st Century Business demonstrates how all businesses can and must help society achieve three goals that are linked – economic prosperity, environmental protection and social equity. Read more.
10. The Chaos Point: The World at the Crossroads – Ervin Lazio (2010) – Author and Nobel peace prize nominee Ervin Lazio argues in The Chaos Point that we are at a critical juncture in history and have a limited window to address the dangers we face. Read more.
Photo: topfer via Freeimages
Like our Facebook Page
The Pros and Cons of Fixed Prices for Sustainable Energy
How to Plan an Unforgettable Eco-Friendly Trip to Europe
Is Decarbonizing The Shipping Industry an Achievable Goal?
Designing Eco-Systems Sustainable Exhibits: Strategies for Reducing Environmental Impact
Green Living, Education and Awareness Are Keys to Preventing Mesothelioma
Canada Can Take New Steps to Make Healthcare Greener
Roy Bartholomew Shares Basics of Ecosystem Engineering
Understanding the Evolving Science of Environmental Health
Is Eco-Friendly Composite Decking Really Good for the Planet?
Eco-Friendly Composting Tips that All Gardeneners Should Follow
6 Home Improvements You Can Make to Help the Environment
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Eco-Friendly Party Favors Made for the Garden
One of the Most Unique Eco-Friendly Travel Tips: Try Rollerblading
Humane Pigeons Pest Control Tips Environmentalists Can Follow
Environmental Impact of Artificial Grass for Your Lawn
How to Travel More Sustainably While Saving Money
Planning an Eco-Friendly Bus Trip to Singapore with Friends
Choosing The Best Eco-Friendly Furniture Set for your Living Room
The Truth About The Environmental Impact of Dogs
6 Major Luxury Residential Projects Responding to Climate Change
- Energy10 months ago
How To Choose the Right Solar Inverter for Your Home?
- Energy10 months ago
How to Choose the Best Solar Panel for Your Home
- Environment11 months ago
Reduce Industry Footprints with Sustainable Material Swaps
- Environment10 months ago
Is Smart Building Technology the Future of Sustainability?