We take a look at the books we have reviewed that cover a range of sustainability issues, opinions, experiences and solutions.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. The Future – Al Gore (2014) – Al Gore, the former US vice-president behind An Inconvenient Truth, explores the political, social and economic forces that are shaping the world in The Future. Read more.
2. Sustainability: All That Matters – Chris Goodall (2012) – Award-winning writer and campaigner Chris Goodall argues that today’s generation has borrowed from the future and as a result has left subsequent generations to foot the bill for unsustainable practices. Read more.
3. Invest, Feel Good, Make a Difference – Richard Essex (2014) – Invest, Feel Good, Make a Difference: Breaking the Myths about Sustainable and Responsible Investing is the ideal book for investors interested in making their portfolios more sustainable and responsible but have reservations, are facing challenges or are unsure of how to start. Read more.
4. The Road – Cormac McCarthy (2006) – When, with his uncompromising and darkly beautiful prose, Cormac McCarthy wrote his 2006 novel The Road he penned one of the most important examples of environmental literature yet printed. Read more.
5. UNEP: The First 40 Years – Stanley Johnson (2012) – The environmentalist Stanley Johnson’s latest book charts the United Nations Environment Programme’s progression over the four decades since its establishment in 1972 in captivating detail. Read more.
6. No Logo – Naomi Klein (2010) – No Logo explores the concept of branding and globalisation. The book is a mix of cultural analysis, political manifesto, mall-rat memoir and journalist expose. Read more.
7. Moving People: Sustainable Transport Development – Peter Cox (2010) – Moving People looks at the impacts of transport and offers an introduction into how the area can be made more sustainable – as well as the benefits of doing so. Read more.
8. Standing on the Sun – Christopher Meyer & Julia Kirby (2012) – Christopher Meyer and Julia Kirby’s latest book, Standing on the Sun: How the Explosion of Capitalism Abroad Will Change Business Everywhere, is a journey into some of the most innovative ideas around capitalism and development. Read more.
9. Cannibals with Forks – John Elkington (1999) – Cannibals with Forks: Triple Bottom Line of 21st Century Business demonstrates how all businesses can and must help society achieve three goals that are linked – economic prosperity, environmental protection and social equity. Read more.
10. The Chaos Point: The World at the Crossroads – Ervin Lazio (2010) – Author and Nobel peace prize nominee Ervin Lazio argues in The Chaos Point that we are at a critical juncture in history and have a limited window to address the dangers we face. Read more.
Photo: topfer via Freeimages
Like our Facebook Page
How Can Technology Help You To Lead A Sustainable Lifestyle?
4 Factors That Can Save The Environment Along With Going Paperless
How Peer to Peer Works On Eco-Friendly Trading Platforms
5 Questions Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Need To Ask Unhappy Employees
Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment (Examples and Laws)
7 Best Investments to Make for an Eco-Friendly Business
4 Tips For Choosing An Eco-Friendly Home Backup Power Source
10 Things To Consider When Choosing A Home Solar Company
5 Sustainable Ways Of Disposing Building And Demolition Waste
Why 2022 Is Your Last Chance to Get a 26% Return on Your Solar Kit
Low Emission and Clean Air Zones: What You Need To Know
A Guide to Eco-Friendly Landscaping
Zero Waste Living and Its Importance
12 Essential Things for Buying Your First Home
How the U.S. Government is Promoting Green Energy in the Country
Harnessing Sustainability with User-Centric Technology Innovation
Tips for Optimal Waste Management in Your Home
Is It Possible to Work in Tech Without Harming the Planet?
Making Your Dream of Having an Eco-Friendly Garden Come True
Hypermiling: The 3 Ways To Drive Your Car For Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- Features11 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features11 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire an Eco-Friendly Contractor