We take a look at the books we have reviewed that cover a range of sustainability issues, opinions, experiences and solutions.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. The Enigma of Capital: And the Crises of Capitalism – David Harvey (2011) – David Harvey examines how capitalism has shaped western society over the last three years and whether it is time for a change inThe Enigma of Capital. Read more.
2. Investing in a Sustainable World: Why Green is the New Colour of Money on Wall Street – Matthew J Kiernan (2008) – Investing in a Sustainable World demonstrates that ‘going green’ not only has a positive impact on the environment, but also pays off financially. Read more.
3. The Nature of Investing – Katherine Collins (2014) – The Nature of Investing: Resilient Investment Strategies Through Biomimicry is constructed on the foundations of extensive knowledge and experience in the field of investing. Read more.
4. The Skeptical Environmentalist – Bjørn Lomborg (2001) – Controversial book The Skeptical Environmentalist looks at the claims around environmental and social issues such as overpopulation, energy resources, water shortages and climate change. Read more.
5. A Fate Worse Than Debt – Susan George (1990) – Political and social scientist Susan George considers the third world debt crisis and looks at how and why the global wealth gap is continuing to wider in her 1990 book, A Fate Worse Than Debt. Read more.
6. Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal – Eric Schlosser (2001) – Investigative journalist Eric Schlosser exposes how the fast food industry has altered America and inspires readers to consider what they are eating and the impact it has on society and themselves in Fast Food Nation. Read more.
7. Treasure Islands – Nicholas Shaxson (2012) – In Treasure Islands: Uncovering the Damage of Offshore Banking and Tax Havens, Nicholas Shaxson, a former Financial Times and Economist correspondent, argues that tax havens play a central role in a number of crises, including economic stagnation, countries facing bankruptcy and recession. Read more.
8. The End of Poverty – Jeffery Sachs (2005) – The End of Poverty: How We Can Make it Happen in Our Lifetime argues that extreme poverty could be eliminated within a 20-year period through carefully planned development aid. Read more.
9. The World We Made – Jonathon Porritt (2013) – The World We Made: Alex McKay’s Story from 2050 presents a credible, positive vision of our planet in the future. Read more.
10. The Co-operative Revolution: A Graphic Novel – Polyp (2012) – The Co-operative Revolution is a graphic novel by Manchester-based cartoonist Polyp that looks at the beginnings of the co-operative movement and the benefits and positive impacts this business model has had on society, the environment and business. Read more.
Photo: nkzs via Freeimages
Like our Facebook Page
How Can Technology Help You To Lead A Sustainable Lifestyle?
4 Factors That Can Save The Environment Along With Going Paperless
How Peer to Peer Works On Eco-Friendly Trading Platforms
5 Questions Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Need To Ask Unhappy Employees
Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment (Examples and Laws)
7 Best Investments to Make for an Eco-Friendly Business
4 Tips For Choosing An Eco-Friendly Home Backup Power Source
10 Things To Consider When Choosing A Home Solar Company
5 Sustainable Ways Of Disposing Building And Demolition Waste
Why 2022 Is Your Last Chance to Get a 26% Return on Your Solar Kit
Low Emission and Clean Air Zones: What You Need To Know
A Guide to Eco-Friendly Landscaping
12 Essential Things for Buying Your First Home
Zero Waste Living and Its Importance
Harnessing Sustainability with User-Centric Technology Innovation
How the U.S. Government is Promoting Green Energy in the Country
Tips for Optimal Waste Management in Your Home
Is It Possible to Work in Tech Without Harming the Planet?
Hypermiling: The 3 Ways To Drive Your Car For Maximum Fuel Efficiency
Making Your Dream of Having an Eco-Friendly Garden Come True
- Features11 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features11 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire an Eco-Friendly Contractor