Crowdfunding is a democratic form of financing that allows people to direct their money towards projects they consider important, innovative and socially useful.
Each month, we round up some of out favourite crowdfunding initiatives that focus on sustainability, the environment, education, society – all the good stuff – and this is the November edition.
1. Fairtrade product launch and meaningful local job creation
Visionary Soap is an award-winning Fairtrade company whose entire range of bath and body products carries the Fairtrade Mark. The company now wants to pitch a new range of products to Waitrose, Oxfam and Traidcraft among others, in order to expand the business and continue their positive impact.
2. Cre8 Arc
Cr8 Arc aims to create London’s first ‘eco ship’, from 90% recycled and reused materials. Once complete it is hoped the eco ship will become a benchmark for eco living and self-building. The Arc will be used all year round as a showcase for environmentalism, self-builds and permaculture.
3. Can you help the Commission on Civil Society and Democratic Engagement?
The Commission of Civil Society and Democratic Engagement will investigate the impact of the proposed lobbying bill. The commission argues that the government didn’t consult voluntary organisations, the public, or the Electoral Commission before publishing the legislation, and the is now asking the questions that government failed to.
4. Boost the People’s Supermarket: the People’s Supermarket is a sustainable food co-operative that is run by local people and for local people, it now wants to expand its services.
5. Poverty to Purpose coffee house: Poverty to Purpose is seeking funding to establish a high quality social enterprise coffee house that will use profits its to invest in charitable ventures.
6. The Christmas Dinner: the Christmas Dinner is a pop-up organisation that aims to provide a Christmas day dinner for care leavers aged between 18 and 25.
7. Life Time Boiler Finance: Life Time Boiler Finance gives customers energy efficient boilers by offering a fixed monthly payment finance solution.
8. Buy a brick campaign: Exmod is looking to fund accommodation for homeless veterans. With the finance they could provide medium-term housing for up to 100 veterans.
9. Against forced marriages support service: the JAN Trust’s campaign aims to raise awareness and educate on the complicated and often misunderstood issue of forced marriages.
10. The Christmas wish list: the Children’s society is currently raising money in order to buy Christmas presents for disadvantaged children and young people.
October’s top ten green crowdfunding projects
September’s top ten green crowdfunding projects
August’s top ten green crowdfunding projects
July’s top ten green crowdfunding projects
Like our Facebook Page
How Cities In Canada Are Addressing Climate Change
10 Tax Incentives for Businesses That are Lowering their Carbon Footprint
How to Manage Anxieties About Climate Change
Green Brands Must Understand Their Customers to Market Wisely
Key Necessities for Starting an Eco-Friendly Freelance Business
6 Ways To Overcome Cash Flow Challenges as a Green Business
Going Cashless Lowers Our Carbon Footprint and Has Other Pros and Cons
How to Be as Eco-Friendly as Possible on a Trip to New York
Why Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers Are Eco-Friendly
6 Steps For Making Crypto & Blockchain Eco-Friendly
Building a Career in Green Construction: Tips and Insights
Top 5 Benefits of Workplace Sustainability
The Role of Smart Technology in Managing EV Charging Stations
4 USA Vacation Destinations for an Eco-Friendly Trip
6 Wastewater Management Tips to Reduce Water Pollution
Why Internet Faxing Is A Sustainable Business Move
5 Ways Eco-Friendly Employers Can Boost Efficiency
What to Look for When Choosing an Eco-Friendly Locksmith
Flexible Return Policies Can Make Retail More Sustainable
Using Green Patents to Drive Sustainability & Eco-Friendly Designs
- Environment3 months ago
6 Home Improvements You Can Make to Help the Environment
- Environment10 months ago
4 Countries That Have Banned Single-Use Plastic
- Features9 months ago
5 Huge Support Tips for Eco-friendly eCommerce Brands
- Environment7 months ago
How to Ensure Your Home’s Eco-Friendly During Construction?