Investors have been rushing to buy shares in Royal Mail following claims the company has been undervalued, which could mean investors enjoy instant profits.
The deadline for buying shares in Royal Mail is midnight on Wednesday. Up to 62% of the company will be sold off with the government keeping the remaining 38%.
Shadow business secretary Chuka Umunna has said Royal Mail has been undervalued by as much as £1 billion, with City investors and hedge funds benefitting the most. Speaking on the BBC’s Today programme, he added that the sale is ‘short changing’ taxpayers.
In response, business secretary Vince Cable has said the pricing of Royal Mail is correct and that the price was set after ‘extensive consultation’ with investors. The Department for Business added that the value was dependent on a number of factors including the company’s on-going financial performance, future prospects and the level of interest.
Julian Parrott, partner at Ethical Futures, commented, “Delivery of mail on a universal cost bases for residential customers is a natural monopoly – just like the rail networks and power distribution and generation. I am fundamentally opposed to the continual stripping of the country’s assets in a double pronged strategy aimed at reducing the State and lining the pockets of ‘mega capital’.
“I’m not actually authorised to advise on individual shares but I’m sure that like me, many of my clients would be dismayed to see Royal Mail shares turning up in ethical funds, as they may well do.”
Like our Facebook Page
Key Things to Remember When Building a Sustainable Home
4 Tips to Achieve Eco-friendly Business Operations
Are Vegan Shoes A Sustainable Option?
How to Be More Eco-Conscious In Your Everyday Life
Tips To Become More Sustainable At Home
Modern Log Cabins: Sustainability and Aesthetics
The Basics of Starting a Eco-Friendly DIY Project
Importance of Shore Hardness for Sustainable Hobbyists
Green Healthcare Practice Patient Data Compliance Guidelines
Guidance on Trading Bitcoin as an Eco-Friendly Investor
Why Making Your Business Sustainable Is More Important Than Ever
The Most Popular Environment-Friendly Flooring Options
Investing in the Ethical and Eco-friendly Has Never Been Easier
A Guide Transitioning to Safer and Environmentally-Friendly Chemicals
Role of HR in Sustainable Businesses
The Environmental Impact of Bitcoin Replacing Fiat Currencies
Tips To Make Air Conditioning Eco-Friendly
9 Zero Waste Gift Ideas For An Eco-Friendly 2021 Holiday
5 Reasons For Your Business To Go Green (Beyond Helping The Planet)
Tips After Buying an Electric Scooter to Lower Your Carbon Footprint
- Features10 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features9 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Invest12 months ago
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years