This excellent article in Why Green Economy is a summary of Dario Kenner’s (pictured) working paper, The inequality of overconsumption: The ecological footprint of the richest, published by the Global Sustainability Institute (Anglia Ruskin University).
In the last few years the issue of inequality has shot up the global agenda. The 2008 financial crisis and its continuing aftermath have brutally highlighted just how extreme the gap between the very richest and the rest is (see Thomas Piketty’s research).Oxfam prediction that globally the “combined wealth of the richest 1% will overtake that of the other 99% of people by 2016” that was confirmed in October.
Read the full summary here where you can download this important working paper.
Like our Facebook Page
The Surprising Environmental Benefits of Using an Organic Mattress
Everything You Need to Know Before You Start Using Renewable Energy in 2021
The Curtis Institute of Music Makes Facilities More Energy Efficient
What Can Ecotourists Learn from Visiting Chernobyl?
Mastering the Art of Trading Bitcoins Profitably and Sustainably
5 Essentials for Promising Eco-Friendly Businesses to Thrive in a New Economy
Bitcoin – an Eco-Friendly Cryptocurrency That is Rocking the World!
Charity Organizations Who Are Taking Steps to Become More Environmentally Friendly
Eco-Friendly Tips to Bear in Mind When Dealing with a Scrap Car Dealer
Understanding the Principles of Sustainable Investing
Eco-Friendly Devices Are Amazing for Improving Indoor Air Quality in Urban Areas
6 Financial Benefits of Solar-Powered Homes
From Store to Door with Minimal Impact: How Companies Are Eco-Friendly Innovators
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years
A Guide to Investing In Renewable Energy Stocks in 2021
9 Simple Changes for Creating an Energy-Efficient Home
Creative Ideas to Practice Eco-friendlier Consumerism
Why Eco-Friendly Solutions Can Work for Your Home
How to be More Environmentally-Conscious in 2021
Hawkers Launch a Truly Innovative Eco-Friendly Sunglass Line
- Editors Choice12 months ago
10 Green Companies With Amazing Environmental Initiatives
- Features12 months ago
5 Sustainable Home Improvement Ideas To Improve Your Home’s Value
- Energy11 months ago
10 Amazing Energy Saving Hacks for Spring
- Invest10 months ago
4 Super Simple Solutions To Create The Perfect Eco-Friendly Home