The House of Lords EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee will tomorrow take evidence from Andrea Leadsom MP, Minister of State in the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
This will be the main evidence session of the Committee’s new inquiry into EU energy governance. The inquiry will see the Committee investigate the European Commission’s Energy Union strategy which is based on the objectives of security of energy supply, sustainability and competitiveness.
Areas the Committee will cover with the Minister include:
– Is the Government supportive of the EU Energy Union Package? How does it improve on the European Commission’s previous energy policy?
– Do the EU’s proposals threaten national sovereignty in any way?
– How will the proposed EU energy governance framework contribute to a more secure energy supply for the UK? Could it undermine it?
– Should the role of the European Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators take on a bigger role in European energy markets?
– How will EU targets for renewable energy be enforced? What effect does a lack of certainty have on investment in the renewables industry?
– Are there opportunities for greater regional energy cooperation in the EU? What is the Government’s views on the current level of cooperation in the North Sea?
– Could a coherent EU energy policy help reduce the cost of energy for consumers?
The evidence session will start 11am on today. As well as Andrea Leadsom the Committee will also hear from Tim Abraham, Head of European Policy at DECC. You can watch the session live on the internet at www.parliamentlive.tv
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Maximize Your Profits While Investing Ethically?
Environmental Benefits of Living in Miami. Why Is It Worth Moving There?
5 Ways To Shift To Green Energy At Home
Advantages of Free-Range Farming for Eco-Friendly Consumers
What is Eco-Friendly Investing and How Can You Embrace It?
Green Software Ideas to Implement with an Offshore Development Team
5 Things Eco-Conscious Consumers Should Know About Private Wells
The True Environmental and Social Costs of Mined Diamonds
20 Incredible Facts Eco-Tourists Should Know About Dubai
5 Massive Benefits of Turning to Renewable Energy
6 Tips For Getting the Most from a Solar-Powered Home
7 Excellent Ways to Live a Greener Lifestyle in 2021
How the Property Industry Is Embracing Eco-Friendliness Across the Board
Sustainability in Construction: Methods to Mitigate Environmental Impacts
New Company is Driving ESG Infrastructure Development in Mining
10 Tips to Turn Your Next Holiday into an Eco-Friendly Celebration
4 Benefits of Commuting with a Bicycle as an Eco-Friendly Consumer
Some Important Facts about Eco-Friendly Glass Railings
Impact Proof of Stake Ethereum Mining on Power Industry Sustainability
7 Business Survival Guidelines All Eco-Friendly Entrepreneurs Must Follow
- Features12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Energy6 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features5 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home