The House of Lords EU Energy and Environment Sub-Committee will tomorrow take evidence from Andrea Leadsom MP, Minister of State in the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
This will be the main evidence session of the Committee’s new inquiry into EU energy governance. The inquiry will see the Committee investigate the European Commission’s Energy Union strategy which is based on the objectives of security of energy supply, sustainability and competitiveness.
Areas the Committee will cover with the Minister include:
– Is the Government supportive of the EU Energy Union Package? How does it improve on the European Commission’s previous energy policy?
– Do the EU’s proposals threaten national sovereignty in any way?
– How will the proposed EU energy governance framework contribute to a more secure energy supply for the UK? Could it undermine it?
– Should the role of the European Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators take on a bigger role in European energy markets?
– How will EU targets for renewable energy be enforced? What effect does a lack of certainty have on investment in the renewables industry?
– Are there opportunities for greater regional energy cooperation in the EU? What is the Government’s views on the current level of cooperation in the North Sea?
– Could a coherent EU energy policy help reduce the cost of energy for consumers?
The evidence session will start 11am on today. As well as Andrea Leadsom the Committee will also hear from Tim Abraham, Head of European Policy at DECC. You can watch the session live on the internet at www.parliamentlive.tv
Like our Facebook Page
How Cities In Canada Are Addressing Climate Change
10 Tax Incentives for Businesses That are Lowering their Carbon Footprint
How to Manage Anxieties About Climate Change
Green Brands Must Understand Their Customers to Market Wisely
Key Necessities for Starting an Eco-Friendly Freelance Business
6 Ways To Overcome Cash Flow Challenges as a Green Business
Going Cashless Lowers Our Carbon Footprint and Has Other Pros and Cons
How to Be as Eco-Friendly as Possible on a Trip to New York
Why Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers Are Eco-Friendly
6 Steps For Making Crypto & Blockchain Eco-Friendly
How To Use Solar Power Sustainably At Home
Building a Career in Green Construction: Tips and Insights
Solar-Powered Security Systems: Protecting Your Home and the Environment
Top 5 Benefits of Workplace Sustainability
The Role of Smart Technology in Managing EV Charging Stations
4 USA Vacation Destinations for an Eco-Friendly Trip
Why Internet Faxing Is A Sustainable Business Move
5 Ways Eco-Friendly Employers Can Boost Efficiency
6 Wastewater Management Tips to Reduce Water Pollution
What to Look for When Choosing an Eco-Friendly Locksmith
- Environment3 months ago
6 Home Improvements You Can Make to Help the Environment
- Environment10 months ago
4 Countries That Have Banned Single-Use Plastic
- Features9 months ago
5 Huge Support Tips for Eco-friendly eCommerce Brands
- Environment7 months ago
How to Ensure Your Home’s Eco-Friendly During Construction?