We take a look at the books we have reviewed that cover a range of sustainability issues, opinions, experiences and solutions.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. Prosperity without Growth: Economics for a Finite Planet – Tim Jackson (2011) – In Prosperity Without GrowthTim Jackson argues that the capitalist model has failed and the increasing level of consumerism is unsustainable. Read more.
2. Inequality and the 1% – Danny Dorling (2014) – Author and geographer Danny Dorling sets outs to find out how much of an issue inequality really is in the UK today and asks how it impacts on society in Inequality and the 1%. Read more.
3. How Bad Are Bananas?: The carbon footprint of everything – Mike Berners-Lee (2010) – Measuring your carbon footprint can be a complex process. How Bad Are Bananas? gives the carbon footprint on a wide variety of products, activities and food, allowing readers to assess the impact they are having. Read more.
4. Giving Voice to Values – Mary Gentile (2012) – Giving Voice to Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What’s Right offers advice on how to stand up for your personal values when you are pressured by your boss, colleagues, customers or shareholders to do the opposite. Read more.
5. Capitalism as if the World Matters – Jonathon Porritt (2007) – It’s not very often that capitalism is described as the potential solution for sustainability, but that is what activist Jonathon Porritt does in Capitalism as if the World Matters. Read more.
6. The Good Struggle: Responsible Leadership in an Unforgiving World – Joseph Badaracco (2013) – The Good Struggle examines how to lead successfully in an uncertain, high pressure and turbulent world. Read more.
7. The Establishment: And how they get away with it – Owen Jones (2014) – International bestselling author Owen Jones takes a looks at the British Establishment and calls for democracy. Read more.
8. Blessed Unrest – Paul Hawken (2008) – Blessed Unrest: How the Largest Social Movement in History Is Restoring Grace, Justice and Beauty to the World is about the many non-profit and community organisations that are dedicated to different causes. Read more.
9. Beyond Flying: Rethinking air travel in a globally connected world – Chris Watson (2014) – Is flying inevitable? Can a fulfilled, successful, enjoyable life be lived without boarding a plane? Read more.
10. The Limits to Growth (1972) – When The Limits to Growth was first published, it caused worldwide outrage. The report drew on the growing awareness of the environmental impact of human activity and predicted the likely consequences. Read more.
Photo: pear83 via Freeimages
Like our Facebook Page
The Future of Cryptocurrency is Eco-Friendlier than the Present
Why Bill Gates Is Wrong on the Climate Impact of Bitcoin
Everything You Need to Know to Create an Eco-Friendly Nursery
4 Environmental Benefits of Using A Buckwheat Pillow
Eco-Friendly Ways to Dispose of The Office Furniture!
7 Huge Advantages of Using Solar Power at Home
5 Important Changes to Become An Eco-Friendly Nicotine User
4 Great Ways to be a Committed Eco-Tourist While Flying
7 Basic Types of Forex Charts Ethical Investors Must Understand
How to Improve Employees’ Communication Within a Green Company
How to Make Your Ecommerce Business More Eco-Friendly?
How Can Social Media Help In Promoting Sustainable Lifestyle?
Luxury Development for The Ultra-Rich Causing Climate Change Conundrum in Barbuda
How Does Bitcoin Mining Work and is it Eco-Friendly?
Is Gen Z Ahead of Millennials in Terms of Eco-Investing?
Four Reasons Why Buying Used Cars Is the Way to Go Green
There is no Planet B: The Growing Importance of ESG
Wonderful Environmental Monitoring Tips to Keep Indoor Air Clean
The Tremendous Benefits of Investing in Energy-Efficient Windows
4 Morning Productivity Tips for Green Entrepreneurs that Are Night Owls
- Features10 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features7 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Features8 months ago
5 Simple Ways To Create A Greener And Healthier Home
- Environment11 months ago
The Benefits Of Sustainable Agriculture For Farmers