We take a look at the books we have reviewed that cover a range of sustainability issues, opinions, experiences and solutions.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. Prosperity without Growth: Economics for a Finite Planet – Tim Jackson (2011) – In Prosperity Without GrowthTim Jackson argues that the capitalist model has failed and the increasing level of consumerism is unsustainable. Read more.
2. Inequality and the 1% – Danny Dorling (2014) – Author and geographer Danny Dorling sets outs to find out how much of an issue inequality really is in the UK today and asks how it impacts on society in Inequality and the 1%. Read more.
3. How Bad Are Bananas?: The carbon footprint of everything – Mike Berners-Lee (2010) – Measuring your carbon footprint can be a complex process. How Bad Are Bananas? gives the carbon footprint on a wide variety of products, activities and food, allowing readers to assess the impact they are having. Read more.
4. Giving Voice to Values – Mary Gentile (2012) – Giving Voice to Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What’s Right offers advice on how to stand up for your personal values when you are pressured by your boss, colleagues, customers or shareholders to do the opposite. Read more.
5. Capitalism as if the World Matters – Jonathon Porritt (2007) – It’s not very often that capitalism is described as the potential solution for sustainability, but that is what activist Jonathon Porritt does in Capitalism as if the World Matters. Read more.
6. The Good Struggle: Responsible Leadership in an Unforgiving World – Joseph Badaracco (2013) – The Good Struggle examines how to lead successfully in an uncertain, high pressure and turbulent world. Read more.
7. The Establishment: And how they get away with it – Owen Jones (2014) – International bestselling author Owen Jones takes a looks at the British Establishment and calls for democracy. Read more.
8. Blessed Unrest – Paul Hawken (2008) – Blessed Unrest: How the Largest Social Movement in History Is Restoring Grace, Justice and Beauty to the World is about the many non-profit and community organisations that are dedicated to different causes. Read more.
9. Beyond Flying: Rethinking air travel in a globally connected world – Chris Watson (2014) – Is flying inevitable? Can a fulfilled, successful, enjoyable life be lived without boarding a plane? Read more.
10. The Limits to Growth (1972) – When The Limits to Growth was first published, it caused worldwide outrage. The report drew on the growing awareness of the environmental impact of human activity and predicted the likely consequences. Read more.
Photo: pear83 via Freeimages
Like our Facebook Page
How Cities In Canada Are Addressing Climate Change
10 Tax Incentives for Businesses That are Lowering their Carbon Footprint
How to Manage Anxieties About Climate Change
Green Brands Must Understand Their Customers to Market Wisely
Key Necessities for Starting an Eco-Friendly Freelance Business
6 Ways To Overcome Cash Flow Challenges as a Green Business
Going Cashless Lowers Our Carbon Footprint and Has Other Pros and Cons
How to Be as Eco-Friendly as Possible on a Trip to New York
Why Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers Are Eco-Friendly
6 Steps For Making Crypto & Blockchain Eco-Friendly
How To Use Solar Power Sustainably At Home
Building a Career in Green Construction: Tips and Insights
Solar-Powered Security Systems: Protecting Your Home and the Environment
Top 5 Benefits of Workplace Sustainability
The Role of Smart Technology in Managing EV Charging Stations
4 USA Vacation Destinations for an Eco-Friendly Trip
Why Internet Faxing Is A Sustainable Business Move
5 Ways Eco-Friendly Employers Can Boost Efficiency
6 Wastewater Management Tips to Reduce Water Pollution
What to Look for When Choosing an Eco-Friendly Locksmith
- Environment3 months ago
6 Home Improvements You Can Make to Help the Environment
- Environment10 months ago
4 Countries That Have Banned Single-Use Plastic
- Features9 months ago
5 Huge Support Tips for Eco-friendly eCommerce Brands
- Environment7 months ago
How to Ensure Your Home’s Eco-Friendly During Construction?