TED talks are about ideas worth spreading and there are plenty of options when looking at sustainability from responsible investment to biodiversity.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. Why I must speak out on climate change – James Hansen – Climate scientist James Hansen announced this week that he would be retiring from his role at NASA to focus more on climate activism. Read more.
2. Should you donate differently? – Joy Sun – Modern technology means that, rather than sending privileged Western aid workers to the impoverished corners of the world, we could simply put money directly into the hands of the needy. But should we? Read more.
3. Why we shouldn’t trust markets with our civic life – Michael Sandel – Harvard University political philosophy professor Michael Sandel asks whether too much is for sale in our current democracy, in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
4. The rise of the new global super-rich – Chrystia Freeland – “We are living in an age of surging income inequality”, says Canadian writer and politician Chrystia Freeland in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
5. Averting the climate crisis – Al Gore – Filmed in February 2006, three months before An Inconvenient Truth’s release, the video is the first of three contributions to TED that Gore has made to date. In just over 15 minutes, he spells out 15 ways that individuals can help address climate change. Read more.
6. Which country does the most good for the world? – Simon Anholt – Which country does the most good? Policy adviser Simon Anholt reveals all in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
7. A 40-year plan for energy – Amory Lovins – “What if we could make energy do our work without working our undoing?” ponders Amory Lovins, chief scientist at the Rocky Mountain Institute, in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
8. Save the oceans, feed the world – Jackie Savitz – Saving the oceans can help feed the world, says Jackie Savitz, a vice-president at ocean conservation group Oceana, in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
9. Jane Goodall helps humans and animals live together – Given it’s International Women’s Day, who better to feature in this week’s TED talk than the queen of the jungle herself, Dame Jane Goodall? Read more.
10. We need money for aid. So let’s print it – Michael Metcalfe – Can the lessons learned from saving the financial system be used to help us overcome poverty? Michael Metcalfe says yes, and in a fascinating TED talk explains why printing money for international aid is a no-brainer. Read more.
Like our Facebook Page
Cultivating an Environmentally-Friendly Home
Eco-Friendly Healthcare: Five Steps for a More Sustainable Medical Practice
Embracing Profit and Long-Term Sustainability: An Undeniably Green Future
4 Eco-Friendly Tips to Maximize the Fuel Efficiency of Diesel Generators
How Your Business Can Create a More Sustainable Supply Chain
There is no Planet B: The Growing Importance of ESG
How Municipalities Can Become More Energy Efficient
The 10 Best Eco-Friendly Destinations to Visit in France
5 Incredibly Simple Ways to Make Money Streaming Eco-Friendly Content
5 Great Ways to Have a More Eco-Friendly Wedding This Year
Greta Thunberg: a True Advocate for Environmental and Women’s Rights
The Vegan Revolution: Rise of The Plant-Based Business
Here’s Why Solar Power Demand Has Accelerated Sharply
Africa Must Capitalize on Growing Interest in Sustainable Investments
Creating an Eco-Friendly Garden that is Free of Pests
How to Make Your Ecommerce Business More Eco-Friendly?
Luxury Development for The Ultra-Rich Causing Climate Change Conundrum in Barbuda
How Can Social Media Help In Promoting Sustainable Lifestyle?
4 Electric Car Maintenance Tips to Slash Your Carbon Footprint
3 Things Sustainable Companies Do for ‘Green’ Construction
- Features9 months ago
Eco-Friendly Interior Design Is Easier Than You Might Think
- Features7 months ago
Eco-Friendly Hacks To Create A Durable Shop For Your Home
- Features7 months ago
5 Simple Ways To Create A Greener And Healthier Home
- Environment10 months ago
The Benefits Of Sustainable Agriculture For Farmers