Are you truly committed to sustainability? Then you will need to put your money where your mouth is. This includes going on a trip to Europe. You need to follow eco-friendly practices while traveling through Europe. If you’re looking for a way to spend your holiday this summer, then hold your seat because you’ll be going for a ride.
There’s no doubt that Europe is a beautiful travel destination. The continent has beautiful scenery, a lot of different cultures and so much to see. The thing that is even greater about Europe, is that you can travel easily from country to country. How? Well, it’s easy. You can travel using their trains for fast travel. You can be having coffee one morning in Budapest, and then later you might find yourself eating pizza in Rome.
And if you think you’ll be sacrificing your comfort for fast travel, then you’re wrong. Europe is certainly the best destination for train travel for this reason. Train travel combines both speed and comfort. Europe has an unmatched rail system, you can travel anywhere you want with a click of a finger and to some eco-friendly destinations.
If you’re wondering what are some eco-friendly destinations you should visit in Europe beside these ones in this article, then here they are.
And the best thing about it is that you get to enjoy the changing scenery while you’re only sitting on your seat. The biggest challenge you’ll probably meet is to decide in a short notice the cities and countries you’ll be visiting. And as we know, there are A LOT.
Why should you travel by train?
Travelling by train has a lot of advantages like:
- There’s no long check-in and queues. What’s nerve-wracking about airports is long check-in line and queues so half of the time you’ll spend at the airport will be standing. Trains, on the other hand, don’t have this. So you can show up at any time even a few minutes before the train leaves and buy your ticket and off you go.
- More sustainability and green-friendly than planes and cars.
- You get to arrive at the center of town with no trouble and no taxi involved. Unlike airports that are mostly situated in nowhere, train stations are located in the middle of town. So once you arrive you can get going to enjoy your trip as much as you can.
- You can pack as much as luggage weight as you can because there are no extra fees involved. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you’ll have to carry it with you to the train and out of the train.
- You can pack a lunch, a dinner or whatever it is with you to eat it on your way to another country or city. Pick anything you want and need and take it with you, even alcohol is permitted but don’t get drunk so you don’t miss out on the scenery.
- There are many countries that have adopted e-tickets so now getting your ticket has never been easier. You can avoid ticket lines and plan your travel and have your ticket sent to you directly on your phone.
- If you’re considering travel by night then there are overnight trains that have sleepers cars in them. They will cost you extra money but you’ll be able to sleep your night out and travel at the same time. If you don’t want to lose extra money then there are normal seats as well but they might not be so comfortable if you’re planning to sleep in them.
- Enjoy a peaceful ride on the train as you go over the different sceneries and countryside of Europe. The ride can be so relaxing that you might find yourself sleeping in no time. But if that’s not what you want then reading a book is a great way to pass time.
- Train seats are usually way more comfortable than plain seats because they’re way larger. And a bonus for the train because you’re able to move around as much as you like without anyone telling you anything.
So if these reasons were enough and now you’re considering train travel, then these Train holidays in Europe will suit you. Tailormaderail promise you tailor-made holidays across Europe so you can have fun.
So where can you travel by train in Europe?
Europe is a very beautiful destination, which is why many people choosing it as their summer destination every year. Here you’ll find the top 6 places you’ll need to visit by train:
Budapest is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, that’s for sure. But what’s even greater about this city is its nightlife. It’s a lively city where you’ll have more fun than ever. But it’s sure famous of one thing: ruin bars.
These bars have been settled in abandoned buildings in the Budapest’s seventh district. They have been re-arranged with fun decors, artistic installations and quirky murals to give them a unique look that you won’t find anywhere else.
Budapest is also known for its thermal pools that are a must to try, so make sure to plan some of your time so you can give them a visit and take a bath.
Everyone has already heard of Seville at least once in their life. Seville is undoubtedly one of Spain’s best cities. It’s okay to land in Barcelona or Madrid first but if you just keep going until you reach south, Seville will be there to welcome you.
It has a very beautiful architecture with beautiful narrow streets and enchanting cathedrals. If you’re traveling for the beautiful sun and the beautiful sights then Seville is a must for you. In the summer, there are 12 hours of sunshine on average.
So imagine all of the vitamin D you’ll be getting from wandering its beautiful streets.
Hop on the train either from Florence, Munich or Milan, and in no time you’ll find yourself in the most romantic city ever, which is Venice. Enjoy the romantic aura that surrounds the city especially if you’re a couple. It’s the best destination for a young couple’s honeymoon or to light a spark in an old couple’s life.
Enjoy a boat ride on the sweet waters of the city, keep cruising and watch all of the beauty that the city has to offer, past San Marco to Palazzo and even beneath the Rialto Bridge. Everything is a sight to see if you’re looking enough.
If the city is not enough then you can check the other islands as well where you can enjoy a sunny day at the beach and sunbath.
Enjoy the most beautiful highland route by taking the train to Scotland or England. There’s a Highland Route that runs from London to the Scottish land. And it’s for adventurous only who are looking for a way to make their journey memorable.
It has more than 140 years so it has had a lot of travellers and adventurous souls take it, it’s an interesting journey to take. You can indulge in the sights of beautiful landscapes and sceneries. If you take this in the summer then all you’ll be seeing is wildflowers and greenish/yellowish landscapes.
But if you go in the winter then you’ll enjoy as much as snow as you can.
Final tips for an eco-friendly travel
For more sustainable tips about Europe travel, check out these ideas.
If you’re looking for a way to spend an eco-friendly holiday then these are the tips you should follow:
- Pack your food from home so you don’t have to spend much money on fast food.
- Pack your needs for travel beforehand and especially a travel pillow.
- Don’t throw garbage in the streets.
- Use taxis as little as possible and favor walking to your destinations.
So now with these tips and this full guide, you’ll be able to enjoy the best holiday of your life.
Make Your Eco-friendly Trip to Europe a Blast!
Europe is a wonderful place to visit. If you are a committed to green living, there are plenty of eco-friendly destinations that are worth checking out. We hope all eco-tourists consider the places on this list.
Like our Facebook Page
Understanding The True Environmental Impact of Dentistry
Incredibly Important Benefits of Effective Ethically Made Anti-Virus Face Masks
Green Entrepreneurs Find Creative Ways to Balance Ethical Goals with their Retirement Objectives
The Surprising Environmental Benefits of Using an Organic Mattress
Everything You Need to Know Before You Start Using Renewable Energy in 2021
The Curtis Institute of Music Makes Facilities More Energy Efficient
What Can Ecotourists Learn from Visiting Chernobyl?
Mastering the Art of Trading Bitcoins Profitably and Sustainably
5 Essentials for Promising Eco-Friendly Businesses to Thrive in a New Economy
Bitcoin – an Eco-Friendly Cryptocurrency That is Rocking the World!
Eco-Friendly Devices Are Amazing for Improving Indoor Air Quality in Urban Areas
6 Financial Benefits of Solar-Powered Homes
From Store to Door with Minimal Impact: How Companies Are Eco-Friendly Innovators
The Eco-Friendly Evolution of Bitcoin Over the Years
A Guide to Investing In Renewable Energy Stocks in 2021
Creative Ideas to Practice Eco-friendlier Consumerism
9 Simple Changes for Creating an Energy-Efficient Home
Why Eco-Friendly Solutions Can Work for Your Home
How to be More Environmentally-Conscious in 2021
Hawkers Launch a Truly Innovative Eco-Friendly Sunglass Line
- Editors Choice12 months ago
10 Green Companies With Amazing Environmental Initiatives
- Features12 months ago
5 Sustainable Home Improvement Ideas To Improve Your Home’s Value
- Energy12 months ago
10 Amazing Energy Saving Hacks for Spring
- Invest10 months ago
4 Super Simple Solutions To Create The Perfect Eco-Friendly Home