TED talks are about ideas worth spreading and there are plenty of options when looking at sustainability from responsible investment to biodiversity.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. Why business can be good at solving social problems – Michael Porter – Businesses, and not governments, NGOs and non-profits, are the most important parts of the solution to many of the massive problems the world faces. That’s according to Michael Porter, professor at Harvard Business School, in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
2. The key to growth? Race with the machines – Erik Brynjolfsson – This time last week, we brought you Robert Gordon’s TED talk about the death of innovation. Giving an opposing viewpoint seven days later is Erik Brynjolfsson, who argues that big innovations lie ahead of us. Read more.
3. Beware, fellow plutocrats, the pitchforks are coming – Nick Hanauer – In this week’s featured TED talk Nick Hanauer – entrepreneur, venture capitalist and self-described “obscenely rewarded” plutocrat – warns of the dangers of wealth inequality. Read more.
4. The dangers of ‘willful blindness’ – Margaret Heffernan – In this week’s featured TED talk, Margaret Heffernan tells the story of a woman named Gayla Benefield, who worked in the isolated town of Libby, Montana going house-to-house reading utility meters. Read more.
5. Let the environment guide our development – Johan Rockström – Swedish scientist Johan Rockström, executive director of the Stockholm Resilience Centre, has worked out a set of nine “planetary boundaries“, within which mankind must stay. Read more.
6. The internet’s immune system – Keren Elazari – Most internet hackers are trying to create a better world for society, says cybersecurity expert Keren Elazari in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
7. The death of innovation, the end of growth – Robert Gordon – Robert Gordon is one of the world’s most influential macroeconomists. Earlier in 2013, he gave a TED talk about how the death of innovation will signal the end of growth. Read more.
8. Government: investor, risk-taker, innovator – Mariana Mazzucato – “Governments are innovative and take risks: a sentence not heard all too often. But in this week’s featured TED talk, Mariana Mazzucato, professor of economics at the University of Sussex, gives a compelling argument for why they do just that. Read more.
9. New thoughts on capital in the twenty-first century – Thomas Piketty – With his 2013 best-selling book Capital in the Twenty-First Century, the French economist Thomas Piketty propelled himself to fame. Or, at least, as close to fame as a French economist can get. Read more.
10. Bitcoin. Sweat. Tide. Meet the future of branded currency – Paul Kemp-Robertson – Paul Kemp-Robertson, editorial director of Contagious Communications, walks us through a new generation of currency in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
Like our Facebook Page
Is It Possible to Work in Tech Without Harming the Planet?
Zero Waste Living and Its Importance
Investing in a Sustainable Environmental Future for Northern Virginia
Prominent Trends in Seafood Sustainability in 2022
Sustainable Landscaping Tips for Your Property
Can PEMF Help To Improve Plant Growth for Eco-Friendly Gardeners
How the U.S. Government is Promoting Green Energy in the Country
12 Essential Things for Buying Your First Home
Harnessing Sustainability with User-Centric Technology Innovation
Making Your Dream of Having an Eco-Friendly Garden Come True
7 Eco-Friendly Plant-Based Alternatives for Everyday Products
Top 5 Benefits of Eco-Friendly Cars
Why Eco-Friendly Homes Should Have Outdoor Bathrooms
Merits of Sustainability Reporting: What Every Manager Must Know
Low Emission and Clean Air Zones: What You Need To Know
CEO Brian Ladin Explains How The Shipping Industry Is Going Green
A Guide to Eco-Friendly Landscaping
Is the Hyundai i30 A Valuable Investment?
Is Couchsurfing a Good Option for Eco-Friendly Traveling?
How To Set Up A Sustainable Smart Home
- Features11 months ago
Seven Health and Safety Tips for Eco-Friendly Products in a Green Home
- Energy12 months ago
Eco-Friendly Homeowners Lower Carbon Footprints through Greater Air Conditioner Efficiency
- Features11 months ago
Essential Guidelines for Eco-friendly Moving into new Home
- Features10 months ago
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire an Eco-Friendly Contractor