TED talks are about ideas worth spreading and there are plenty of options when looking at sustainability from responsible investment to biodiversity.
To help us keep writing fantastic content like this and if you would like to invest in Blue & Green Tomorrow, then you can register here: http://bit.ly/1y83dzb.
1. Why business can be good at solving social problems – Michael Porter – Businesses, and not governments, NGOs and non-profits, are the most important parts of the solution to many of the massive problems the world faces. That’s according to Michael Porter, professor at Harvard Business School, in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
2. The key to growth? Race with the machines – Erik Brynjolfsson – This time last week, we brought you Robert Gordon’s TED talk about the death of innovation. Giving an opposing viewpoint seven days later is Erik Brynjolfsson, who argues that big innovations lie ahead of us. Read more.
3. Beware, fellow plutocrats, the pitchforks are coming – Nick Hanauer – In this week’s featured TED talk Nick Hanauer – entrepreneur, venture capitalist and self-described “obscenely rewarded” plutocrat – warns of the dangers of wealth inequality. Read more.
4. The dangers of ‘willful blindness’ – Margaret Heffernan – In this week’s featured TED talk, Margaret Heffernan tells the story of a woman named Gayla Benefield, who worked in the isolated town of Libby, Montana going house-to-house reading utility meters. Read more.
5. Let the environment guide our development – Johan Rockström – Swedish scientist Johan Rockström, executive director of the Stockholm Resilience Centre, has worked out a set of nine “planetary boundaries“, within which mankind must stay. Read more.
6. The internet’s immune system – Keren Elazari – Most internet hackers are trying to create a better world for society, says cybersecurity expert Keren Elazari in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
7. The death of innovation, the end of growth – Robert Gordon – Robert Gordon is one of the world’s most influential macroeconomists. Earlier in 2013, he gave a TED talk about how the death of innovation will signal the end of growth. Read more.
8. Government: investor, risk-taker, innovator – Mariana Mazzucato – “Governments are innovative and take risks: a sentence not heard all too often. But in this week’s featured TED talk, Mariana Mazzucato, professor of economics at the University of Sussex, gives a compelling argument for why they do just that. Read more.
9. New thoughts on capital in the twenty-first century – Thomas Piketty – With his 2013 best-selling book Capital in the Twenty-First Century, the French economist Thomas Piketty propelled himself to fame. Or, at least, as close to fame as a French economist can get. Read more.
10. Bitcoin. Sweat. Tide. Meet the future of branded currency – Paul Kemp-Robertson – Paul Kemp-Robertson, editorial director of Contagious Communications, walks us through a new generation of currency in this week’s featured TED talk. Read more.
Like our Facebook Page
Can You Use Your PC In an Eco-Friendly Manner?
How Pain Management Hurts the Environment, and What You Can Do to Help
4 Countries That Have Banned Single-Use Plastic
What Is Your Carbon Footprint and How Can You Reduce it?
How Business Leaders Can Positively Impact Water Scarcity
Plant-Based Protein Coffee is Eco-Friendly & Healthy
Eco-Friendly Restaurants That Are Bringing the Outside Inside
5 Environmental Benefits of Custom Manufacturing
How to Reduce the Carbon Footprint of Your Office
Benefits of Starting an Eco-Friendly eCommerce Business
Brian Sheth and Sheth Sangreal Foundation Donate $15 Million to Global Wildlife Conservation
Eco-Friendly Gardeners Can Make Compost from Organic Waste
8 Great Tips to Find an Eco-Conscious Moving Company
Can Employers Help the Planet with Work from Home Policies?
Creating a Green Basement Environment for a Healthier Home
Switching to an Electric Car to Help the Environment? Here’s How to Find the Cheapest Insurance
More People Are Practicing Eco-Conscious Lawn-Care
Choosing the Best Air Filter as Pollution Levels Worsen
9 Tips to Write Stellar Papers as an Environmental Science Major
Why You Need to Know These Hard Facts About Ethical Investing
- Energy3 months ago
How To Choose the Right Solar Inverter for Your Home?
- Energy3 months ago
How to Choose the Best Solar Panel for Your Home
- Environment10 months ago
Importance of Using a Water Purifier in an Area with High Pollution
- Environment3 months ago
Reduce Industry Footprints with Sustainable Material Swaps